Alou and Alou together?

Ramp

:o

I can honestly say I didn't think this would happen. I had seen reports of the possibility, but this really downgrades the defense in the outfield. Bonds, Grissom, and Alou?? The offense looks great, but there's a lot of ground to cover in the outfield in Pac Bell.... The Giants sure do like them veterans...

Oh well, at least Barry gets some protection....

fwiw, Alou hit 29 of his 39 HRs in Wrigley last season.

641071[/snapback]

The Giants are now below average on defense in the outfield. I will admit that, but you can't deny he is a great hitter. Just look at his career numbers. I'm glad that Barry will have some protection. I'm just worried about gappers in the outfield now...

The Giants are now below average on defense in the outfield. I will admit that, but you can't deny he is a great hitter. Just look at his career numbers. I'm glad that Barry will have some protection. I'm just worried about gappers in the outfield now...

641113[/snapback]

the plan as rumored is to trade Feliz and Merkin Valdez for a younger pair of legs. Rocco Baldelli has been mentioned. Again, this is all speculation, but if true it makes the Dustan Mohr non-tender decision seem much more sensible.

http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?foru...tPostID=4784921

Oh and btw "younger pair of legs" doesn't just mean someone under 35. This is the Giants, so clarity is needed I think.

the plan as rumored is to trade Feliz and Merkin Valdez for a younger pair of legs. Rocco Baldelli has been mentioned. Again, this is all speculation, but if true it makes the Dustan Mohr non-tender decision seem much more sensible.

641130[/snapback]

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. I guess in that case, Marquis Grissom becomes the 4th outfielder, pushing Michael Tucker to the 5th outfielder.. I wonder how they would handle that. Tucker got most of the playing time in RF last season.

I don't see this happening though... The Giants were trying to trade Alfonzo, not Feliz. And I don't see how they can let go of Merkin Valdez so soon.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that. I guess in that case, Marquis Grissom becomes the 4th outfielder, pushing Michael Tucker to the 5th outfielder.. I wonder how they would handle that. Tucker got most of the playing time in RF last season.

I don't see this happening though... The Giants were trying to trade Alfonzo, not Feliz. And I don't see how they can let go of Merkin Valdez so soon.

641139[/snapback]

I think its more of an issue of which players have marketable value. Fonzie doesn't, at least until the all-star break.

Feliz is young (for a Giant) and cheap. Valdez is young (really) and has a tremendous upside. Neither has a settled role on the 05 team, and since thats all that matters apparently, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabes dealt both.

Alou should have huge numbers batting in front of Bonds.

641247[/snapback]

Think Kevin Youkilis in the Boston lineup. Keyword being: BEHIND. Sub-key word: PROTECTION.

BTW, they are old, because they have a limited window to win with Bonds they have to try and win now.

641247[/snapback]

BTW, The Giants also play in San Francisco, which is located in the state of California. You should have added that.

He's right though... It's evident that Sabean is doing everything he can to get Bonds a ring before he retires. I don't think people understand that... Everyone is knocking the moves the Giants are making, but they are definitely making the 2005 club the team to beat in the NL West, hence my signature...