Reds Sign Milton

chinabasin

Wow.... This is getting ridiculous. What the hell is it gonna take to sign someone like Tim Hudson long term? If a pitcher like Milton is making this much, the future is scary. And I thought contracts were starting to get under control....

Oh well.. Giants finalized their deal with Moises, so I'm happy... Can't wait for Opening Day !!

im happy for the reds

at least its someone decent ... even if they are overpaying

643533[/snapback]

Thank you, I know we overpayed for him, but I am just thrilled that we are actually trying to put a contender together for '05. We added weber, weathers, mercker to a SUCKY bullpen, got 1 decent starter in Ortiz and a pretty good one in Milton. We also got a 3rd baseman in Randa which we desperatly needed! Watch out for the Reds in '05.

im happy for the reds

at least its someone decent ... even if they are overpaying

643533[/snapback]

Thank you, I know we overpayed for him, but I am just thrilled that we are actually trying to put a contender together for '05. We added weber, weathers, mercker to a SUCKY bullpen, got 1 decent starter in Ortiz and a pretty good one in Milton. We also got a 3rd baseman in Randa which we desperatly needed! Watch out for the Reds in '05.

643582[/snapback]

not strong enough to take the division but good team hopefully

the reds also got Ben Weber?

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ... thats gonna be a good pen

now if Wagner can keep it together

pretty good one in Milton.

643582[/snapback]

A pitcher who hasn't even come close to cracking 4 is not a good pitcher, he's slightly above average who's only getting this money because he's been very fortunate when it comes to run support.

643588[/snapback]

He went like 14-5, thats not a good pitcher? I didnt say he was great, but he is one of the best ones that we have.

pretty good one in Milton.

643582[/snapback]

A pitcher who hasn't even come close to cracking 4 is not a good pitcher, he's slightly above average who's only getting this money because he's been very fortunate when it comes to run support.

643588[/snapback]

He went like 14-5, thats not a good pitcher? I didnt say he was great, but he is one of the best ones that we have.

643660[/snapback]

He also had a 4.75 ERA, he got crazy luck when it came to run support last year, look up his starts and see the support he got.

I understand his E.R.A and that they iverpaid for him, but if you are 9 games over .500 you got to be doing something right!

643699[/snapback]

Does this guy remind anyone else of a left-handed Aaron Sele? I'm betting that in 2005 Milton's numbers look a lot more like the 98-2000 seasons (when he played for a sub-.500 team) than '04.

I understand his E.R.A and that they iverpaid for him, but if you are 9 games over .500 you got to be doing something right!

643699[/snapback]

Yeah, you picked a team with a helluva offense.

643901[/snapback]

The Reds don't have a good offense?

643699[/snapback]

643901[/snapback]

644029[/snapback]

qwnt

643699[/snapback]

643901[/snapback]

644029[/snapback]

qwnt

644032[/snapback]

Not exactly, The Phils had a better AVG, OBP, and Slugging than The Reds last year, so he's not really going to a team that's certain to give him the support he got last year.

643699[/snapback]

643901[/snapback]

644029[/snapback]

qwnt

644032[/snapback]

Not exactly, The Phils had a better AVG, OBP, and Slugging than The Reds last year, so he's not really going to a team that's certain to give him the support he got last year.

644039[/snapback]

If the Reds stay healthy, they will score more runs than the Phillies this year.

Right it down, whatever, cuz it's true.

643699[/snapback]

643901[/snapback]

644029[/snapback]

qwnt

644032[/snapback]

644039[/snapback]

If the Reds stay healthy, they will score more runs than the Phillies this year.

Right it down, whatever, cuz it's true.

644049[/snapback]

Wouldn't make the least bit of difference that is unless Milton hit gold again. Milton's start he recieved run support way above The Phillies average, so it's not going to mean anything if The Reds out beat The Phillies. Unless of course they provide freaky run support for him again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.