Berardino on WQAM

Ramp

Guest Juanky

1 wild card is enough for now, but if we expand again (which we will do...2002 was supposed to be an expansion year, but they stopped it), we must add another wild card. I think if MLb does it, they will do it right.

More expansion? Geez no when to cap things. How are they going to expand when they were threatening to contract teams? Incredible.

Yeah but somewhere it was reported it would be benitez/burnitz for a handful of prospects. I just hope it isn't a buch of average prospects. I would rather have a couple great prospects. Although I want to get Mando of my team now. I can't stand him and he is great trade bait so I hope there is a deal soon. Also the mets have a closer on there AAA team who looks GREAT. In 28 innings he has a 0.64 ERA and 37 strikeouts so I am guessing he is ready to move up. Also the Mets just traded Alomar for the best relief pitcher prospect in baseball so there is no reason to keep Benitez. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before the ASB. HE BETTER!

More expansion? Geez no when to cap things. How are they going to expand when they were threatening to contract teams? Incredible.

I agree I think it would be stupid to add another wild card. Soon making the playoffs will be nothing special. This is baseball not basketball!

Yeah but somewhere it was reported it would be benitez/burnitz for a handful of prospects. I just hope it isn't a buch of average prospects. I would rather have a couple great prospects. Although I want to get Mando of my team now. I can't stand him and he is great trade bait so I hope there is a deal soon. Also the mets have a closer on there AAA team who looks GREAT. In 28 innings he has a 0.64 ERA and 37 strikeouts so I am guessing he is ready to move up. Also the Mets just traded Alomar for the best relief pitcher prospect in baseball so there is no reason to keep Benitez. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before the ASB. HE BETTER!

Tonight it was reported on the Marlins WQAM radio that the Marlins and Mets deal could be announced as soon as tonight or maybe during the ASB, but that the Marlins want Benitez as soon as possible and the Mets want him out as soon as possible, so...

Benitez being traded would make my week. Here is another thing to ponder, why did the mets just call up Duncan (outfielder) last night, could it be that Nits is a day away from being traded. Well I don't think it is going to be tonight since Nitz is in the lineup. :banghead

Benitez being traded would make my week. Here is another thing to ponder, why did the mets just call up Duncan (outfielder) last night, could it be that Nits is a day away from being traded. Well I don't think it is going to be tonight since Nitz is in the lineup. :banghead

Well everyone thought the call-up of Miguel Cabrera thought it meant Lowell would be traded. Look what happened.

You never know, though....

Yeah I have to be happy with our farm/young team. We have a top catcher prospect, a top ss prospect and a top LHP prospect. Not to mention we have a an above average second base prospect, Wiggy at third, and Phillips who is surprisingly good. Then we have like 6 or 7 pitching prospect besides Kazmir and 2 top relief pitching prospects. In 2-4 years the Mets could dethrone the Braves :thumbup

Yeah I have to be happy with our farm/young team. We have a top catcher prospect, a top ss prospect and a top LHP prospect. Not to mention we have a an above average second base prospect, Wiggy at third, and Phillips who is surprisingly good. Then we have like 6 or 7 pitching prospect besides Kazmir and 2 top relief pitching prospects. In 2-4 years the Mets could dethrone the Braves :thumbup

So could the Marlins, so could the Phillies, so could the Expos.

It all depends on the amount of talent in your farm system, and I think that's the Marlins and the Mets, with the Expos not far behind.

I think our division will even up in the next two years for these reasons...

1)Marlins prospects mature and do well

2)Phillies get used to new ballpark and do well

3)Expos move to DC and settle down, they may not have much of a team left if they don't move soon.

4)Mets will finally be able to rid themselves of all the bad contracts.

5)Braves will not be able to keep all of their players with a possible new owner and the lower payroll that would bring.

UMMM... Mets not only will be able to rid there bad contracts (besides cedeno) their farm is amazing. I think that next year our farm will be rated as one of the best. Especially if Kazmir continues to do great. The last game he pithed, a couple of days ago, he pitched a 7 inning one hit shutout. Another pitcher, Petersen, in St. Lucie (their high A team) is also continuing to do well. His last game was a 7 inning 3 hit shutout. They would make a great 1-2 in the future. Then you add Huber, a top catching prospect to the mix. Also they have Garcia a second basemen who is struggling a little bit but is projected to be pretty good. Plus there 5 man rotation in Binghamton (AA) are also all prospects. Then they have Ring, Moreno, and Yates, all great relievers. Also who know who they will get this year in deals. You guys might give us somebody good. \

Thats why I am so happy with Duke. Trading the no use Alomar, for a former first round pick who is right on track was a great trade. I wonder who we will get from you if the trade goes through.

Nobody amazing. Here, read my breakdown of all the listed prospects rumored to the Mets for Benitez:

Once upon a time Justin Wayne was supposed to be good. He is an average but Major league ready starting pitcher.

Blaine Neal can still be very, very good. He definately has the stuff. He had an ERA under 3.00 in his rookie year, but fell off for some unknown reason this year. He could eventually become a good closer, or a great set-up pitcher.

Snare has a high ceiling, but I don't think he's all that great. He could be ML ready by next season, but you never know.

Bump has pretty good stuff, and has been solid in his first few outings, considering the fact they were just that, his first outings. He will get better as he gains more experience. I personally feel he will be quite a good middle relief pitcher, or set-up man.