Can we stop the argument about who's#1?

Junior

Yesterday, the #1 Illini won on the road against Northwestern, while in Wake Forest North Carolina got dominated by Wake, so now that the UNC has 2 losses and the Illini have none, can we all agree that Illinois is the best team in the country. Illinois killed Wake Forest, and Wake beat UNC prett handely, I know the Illini were at home and UNC was on the road when the played Wake, bu the margin of victory/defiet speaks for itself, the Illini are number 1!

I certainly never argued that Carolina should be #1.? Illinois deserves it but it means very little right now.

657373[/snapback]

I never said you did, but where is Passion at?

657380[/snapback]

The bait is cast, and let's see how long it takes Mr. "I'm a fan of Duke basketball, Ohio State Football, and Red Sox baseball, but YOUR a bandwagon jumper" to bite......

who cares? its january, and #1 will be decided april 2/4 in st louis

although this is no disrespect to illinois. theyve done a superb job so far and im already excited about march madness

657403[/snapback]

So your telling me that you would rather be ranked like 9 or 10 like you probably will be, instead of #1? And besides its not even about who is #1 its about who is the better team, and I think it is clear Illinois is the best team.

although this is no disrespect to illinois. theyve done a superb job so far and im already excited about march madness

657403[/snapback]

So your telling me that you would rather be ranked like 9 or 10 like you probably will be, instead of #1? And besides its not even about who is #1 its about who is the better team, and I think it is clear Illinois is the best team.

657413[/snapback]

obviously its great to be #1, im just saying stuff like this doesnt mean much now

and is it really that clear illinois is the best team? lets remember they were playing wake at home and wake played unc at home

i find it interesting that both the illinois basketball fans are fans of northern illinois football... whats wrong? Not a fan of Illinois football?

:mischief

657427[/snapback]

Who said I was a fan of Illinois basketball? Did I no, I have just watched them alot this year, yea because I live in Illinois, and they are clearly #1!

657403[/snapback]

657413[/snapback]

obviously its great to be #1, im just saying stuff like this doesnt mean much now

and is it really that clear illinois is the best team? lets remember they were playing wake at home and wake played unc at home

657431[/snapback]

Look at the scoring differences, Illinois won but 20 plus points, and UNC lost by like 12, thats a 30 plus point difference does it make that much of a difference.

so are you saying that Illinois would win by 32 over UNC?

comparing team's performances against common opponents is not an accurate way to determine who is better.

If anything last year Carolina beat Illinois and both teams have basically the same players this year except for Carolina adding Marvin Williams, the best freshman in the nation.

so are you saying that Illinois would win by 32 over UNC?

comparing team's performances against common opponents is not an accurate way to determine who is better.

If anything last year Carolina beat Illinois and both teams have basically the same players this year except for Carolina adding Marvin Williams, the best freshman in the nation.

657446[/snapback]

I never said that, but does homecourt advantage make a 32 point difference? Also, North Carolina has not proven that they can win on the road yet. Yea they have basically the same teams, but they arent playing at the same level as last year, I think UNC play Illinois at the beginning of the year last year, and Illinois was bad at the beginning of last year.

Carolina has improved immensely from last year and yes winning on the road has been a problem but the last time I checked there are no road games in the NCAA tourney.

657453[/snapback]

Oh if you play Illinois there is a very good chance it will be, they are probably going to play in Indiana in the first and 2nd rounds, Chicago in the sweet 16 and Eilite 8, and if they get this far, St.louis in the Final Four, that is about as close as home games you can get.

a great example of how early season games arent good predictors was last year in the preseason nit when UConn got killed by ga tech

then in the final four, UConn blew out GT to win the title

so lets not get too hung up about Illinois clearly being the best team in the country. nothing is ever clear at this point

a great example of how early season games arent good predictors was last year in the preseason nit when UConn got killed by ga tech

then in the final four, UConn blew out GT to win the title

so lets not get too hung up about Illinois clearly being the best team in the country. nothing is ever clear at this point

657457[/snapback]

I am not even saying Illinois will win it all, I am just saying they are #1 and the best team in the country right now, do you agree?

Carolina has improved immensely from last year and yes winning on the road has been a problem but the last time I checked there are no road games in the NCAA tourney.

657453[/snapback]

Oh if you play Illinois there is a very good chance it will be, they are probably going to play in Indiana in the first and 2nd rounds, Chicago in the sweet 16 and Eilite 8, and if they get this far, St.louis in the Final Four, that is about as close as home games you can get.

657455[/snapback]

ill give you the first 2 weekends. playing in indy, then chitown are huge home court advantages. carolina has a similar advantage in the first weekend, since theyll proabably play in charlotte

but (and i am aware of the proximity to st louis), UNC will travel with huge numbers to st louis, so the home court there wont be so great

657453[/snapback]

657455[/snapback]

ill give you the first 2 weekends. playing in indy, then chitown are huge home court advantages. carolina has a similar advantage in the first weekend, since theyll proabably play in charlotte

but (and i am aware of the proximity to st louis), UNC will travel with huge numbers to st louis, so the home court there wont be so great

657462[/snapback]

Iam sure no matter who plays in the finals 4 will draw well, usually everyone always does, but alot of those inbetween casual fan tickets will probably be eaten up by Illini fans.

I'd be willing to bet they were all over the Illini football team in the Kurt Kittner glory days :lol

657432[/snapback]

Actually no.....

NIU almost beat Illinois in football the year they went to the Sugar Bowl, and i was disappointed to see NIU fall 17-12

Obviously, Illinois deserves to be ranked #1. They deserved to be ranked #1 before UNC lost, and I don't think there was a ton of argument over that. None of that is the same thing as saying they're the best team in the country, though they certainly could be. I honestly don't know that much about Illinois.

I don't put much stock in margin of victory, so all that stuff about how bad Illinois beat Wake, and how bad Wake beat UNC doesn't hold much stock with me. That stuff almost never seems to be a good predictor of future results.

I certainly never argued that Carolina should be #1. Illinois deserves it but it means very little right now.

657373[/snapback]

I never said you did, but where is Passion at?

657380[/snapback]

The bait is cast, and let's see how long it takes Mr. "I'm a fan of Duke basketball, Ohio State Football, and Red Sox baseball, but YOUR a bandwagon jumper" to bite......

657382[/snapback]

Duke Basketball and Football...why? My mother went there....Class of '80 and they recruited me well too.

The Ohio State University...why? My father went there....Class of '76, college of pharmacy.

Boston Red Sox...why? Saw them in spirng trainign alot as a child (Since Im not like 16 or 17 like you craig, this was actually a while ago.) and was a huge Nomar fan at GT because I got to see him in the ACC Tournament and wanted to root for him in the majors...and he was a Red Sock, so thus that became my team...at the age of 10.

My teams are varied because I had to move alot until high school and N.C isnt chock full of pro sport teams, so I had accumulated teams as a kid.

Call me a bandwagoner....I could care less...I dont have to prove myself to someone half of my intelligence and half of my looks....

I can understand why you are so angry all the time...if I looked like this:

Id be pissed too.

Get off my dick clown.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.