I don't want Delgado

Flag Man

The Delgado thread is out of control. I don't want Delgado. I don't want to mortgage the Franchise. I don't want someone who won't stand for the National Anthem.

We have a Gold-Glove 1B in Conine. You going to bench him? He (and his shoulders) can't play OF anymore.

Get Real!

We have a Gold-Glove 1B in Conine.

658889[/snapback]

Thats why he has won a total of zero of them

Also why in his entire career his fielding percantage at 1b was above league average only 3 season, and that was not last year or the year before, he is not as young as he used to be. The last two times he played about 100 games at 1b he had about 10 errors which only makes him on pace to be only a few errors better than Delgado, and Delgado has a much better bat.

I don't want someone who won't stand for the National Anthem.

It was God Bless America, but point taken.

658893[/snapback]

Would either of you stand for the Isreali national anthem if you heard it?

Dude makes American money, it doesn't make him american.

The next time you hear the Afghan national anthem or whatever national pride song they use I hope you are standing there hand over heart, tear streaming down your cheeks.

658893[/snapback]

The next time you hear the Afghan national anthem or whatever national pride song they use I hope you are standing there hand over heart, tear streaming down your cheeks.

658895[/snapback]

Actually, Delgado is American. He was born in Puerto Rico.

In my opinion, that gives him even more of a right to not stand for GBA.

The Delgado thread is out of control. I don't want Delgado. I don't want to mortgage the Franchise. I don't want someone who won't stand for the National Anthem.

We have a Gold-Glove 1B in Conine. You going to bench him? He (and his shoulders) can't play OF anymore.

Get Real!

658889[/snapback]

Those zero Gold Gloves Conine has collected are really impressive arent they?

Delgado standing for what he believes in is a negative trait? Thats news to me. From everything I've been reading about Delgado is that he is a class act and a great person. I think his market value is a bit high considering he only hit .269 last year, and IS aging, but he'd still make a solid addition in my eyes.

658893[/snapback]

658895[/snapback]

Actually, Delgado is American. He was born in Puerto Rico.

In my opinion, that gives him even more of a right to not stand for GBA.

658899[/snapback]

Here we go again.....

In my personal opinion I don't like the guy, but if he's gonna help bring another WS to town, then bring him in. However, the only statement he's making not standing up is "I don't give a rat's as$ about the guys who are in Irak" Just remember that teams play that song as a sort of tribute to the soldiers, not as an endorsment to the war or Bush or anyone else. That is my whole issue with him. Don't support the politics if you don't want to, but at least aknowledge the guys who are having a real hard time over there.

Chin is entitled to his opinion and frankly, some of it I share.

The Delgado thread IS out of control.

While not a GGer (as in having won the award) Jeff Conine can play first base on my team anytime. Delgado is average at best defensively. And JC had a pretty darn fine second half last season offensively as well.

My interest in Delgado has as much to do with the PR ramifications as anything else. I think landing him would be good for baseball in South Florida and bring some much needed credibility to the franchise.

So Chin, keep posting your thoughts, they're appreciated in this corner.

Chin is entitled to his opinion and frankly, some it I share.

The Delgado thread IS out of control.

While not a GGer (as in having won the award) Jeff Conine can play first base on my team anytime. Delgado is average at best defensively.? And JC had a pretty darn fine second half last season offensively as well.

My interest in Delgado has as much to do with the PR ramifications as anything else. I think landing him would be good for baseball in South Florida and bring some much needed credibility to the franchise.

658917[/snapback]

That's the other thing I don't like about Delgado coming in. What will happen to Niner? Is he gonna be left to die on the bench? Much rather have Niner. But 2003 is right on the PR thing. Delgado is probably a move that will help in Tallahasse. It is probably Loria's way to tell the fams ans the politicians "I am committed to South Florida".

658917[/snapback]

In this corner as well.

I agree with the points Marlins2003 brought up.

658893[/snapback]

658895[/snapback]

If i were participating in...or attending an Isreali sporting event..and the Isreali national athem started playing...i would stand up and join in out of respect for them....thats what your supposed to do.

I remember hearing about Delgado not standing for the GBA..i was furious...but im over it now since he may come help out our team :p

Only a true idiotic homer would choose Conine over Delgado. That's like choosing Rosie O'Donnell over Halle Barry.

659005[/snapback]

And after watching Swordfish and 'Now and Then' back to back, I'd have to agree with you. The moral lesson for today:

Don't be a homer or you'll end up with Rosie O'Donnell...?