Acclaim

flasportsfan88

They went bankrupt shortly after Mary Kate and Ashley Sued them for making bad games. I don't think they were the cause of them going bankrupt, but it's pretty bad when you get sued for making bad games.

Yes, Mary Kate and Ashley actually sued them for making bad games.

They went bankrupt shortly after Mary Kate and Ashley Sued them for making bad games. I don't think they were the cause of them going bankrupt, but it's pretty bad when you get sued for making bad games.

660280[/snapback]

Damn allstar baseball pwned

660280[/snapback]

Did they actually win their case?

660280[/snapback]

Did they actually win their case?

660313[/snapback]

I dunno, I never found out.

wow, that is REEEAALLLLY stupid ...

Sueing because they make bad games?

Didn't know baseball games were bad...

660335[/snapback]

Well, Acclaim had been letting the ball slip for years. They were also the company that made those awful MaryKateandAshley games which were bad. From what I've heard, they were horrible. Anyhow, the games were so lame and bad, that the Olsens sued them because they felt bad games hurt their image. What the hell did they expect? Not only did they give Acclaim the impossible task of making a halfway decent game involving them, but when they came on, Acclaim was already going down hill. That and the fact that games based of people, liscences, etc almost always suck. The way I see it is that they had to know that the games weren't going to be any good. I get the feeling they realized Acclaim wasn't going to be around much longer and decided to get as much money out of them while they had the chance. Here is a comic that release on, July 9 of 2003 that basically sums up how bad Acclaims games were.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.