My email to Tom Lee

Hurricane Teal

I can't beleive the level of ignorance that you just showed by using the term "terrorists" so lightly. While people are being murdered all over the world, you dare use the term to refer to the MArlins executives. I would like to know how many people have they murdered? How many buildings have they torn down? You sir should be ashamed of yourself. You owe an apology to every single person in the world who has lost someone to terrorism, in fact you owe an apology to every American, since we all suffered the effects of 3,000 innocent lives lost on 9/11 and over a 1,000 and counting in Irak. And while we're at it the whole Marlins organization and ther fans deserve an apology for being called terrorists. You sir have just showed the world your level of ignorance.

Now fellow Marlins fans, let's bombard him with your love. :mad

lee.tom.web@flsenate.gov

jeb.bush@myflorida.com

Sounds good but maybe you should fix the spelling of Iraq so that he dosent have anything against you, like well atleast I can spell Iraq, but any way great letter hopefully that idiot reads it.

660599[/snapback]

Too bad you can't spell "doesn't". It is accepted both Irak and Iraq depending on the language. Since I grew up in Latin America speaking Spanish, I'm used to Irak. Sorry if it offended you Mr. Perfect. Why don't you use your time to let the lawmakers hear your voice instead of pointing out stupid things like that. :notworthy :notworthy

Here is my letter that I just emailed him

Senator Tom Lee,

I could not believe what I read that you actually had the gall to refer to the Marlins executives as "terrorists". For an educated man of your position to throw around such unwarranted name-calling towards several of your constituents makes we wonder.

The Florida Marlins have won 2 WS titles in the past 11 years of their existence and the current stadium they are playing in are kicking them out. They deserve the rebate/subsidy that they are requesting just as much as any other professional FL athletic team.

The fact that they were visiting Las Vegas is simply good business sense to have a plan B should the current ideas fail to materialize. I have been a Marlins fan for the past 9 years and a season ticket holder for the past 2. The South Florida market needs this team and this legislative session needs to approve the tax rebate/subsidy.

It is accepted both Irak and Iraq depending on the language.

660607[/snapback]

I didn't know this. I'm not sure how many people do. You probably have a better chance of being taken seriously if you use the more commonly accepted spelling.

If this guy's dumb enough to call the Marlins terrorists, he's certainly dumb enough not to know you can use Irak instead of Iraq.

Sounds good but maybe you should fix the spelling of Iraq so that he dosent have anything against you, like well atleast I can spell Iraq, but any way great letter hopefully that idiot reads it.

660599[/snapback]

Too bad you can't spell "doesn't". It is accepted both Irak and Iraq depending on the language. Since I grew up in Latin America speaking Spanish, I'm used to Irak. Sorry if it offended you Mr. Perfect. Why don't you use your time to let the lawmakers hear your voice instead of pointing out stupid things like that. :notworthy :notworthy

660607[/snapback]

Obviously the guy who responded to you only meant to help you and instead of insulting him you should heed his advice because it looks incredibly foolish to use Irak in place of Iraq when the rest of your letter is in english and mailed to a fairly highly ranked government official nevertheless...

Too bad you can't spell "doesn't". It is accepted both Irak and Iraq depending on the language. Since I grew up in Latin America speaking Spanish, I'm used to Irak. Sorry if it offended you Mr. Perfect. Why don't you use your time to let the lawmakers hear your voice instead of pointing out stupid things like that.

It is accepted both ways depending on the language? Okay, this one is written in English so how about being consistent. I wouldn't ever jump on someone for this but your attack on a fellow member for trying to catch a typo was uncalled for. Next time you post something and only wish to be stroked let us know.

Guest Moneyball

Too bad you can't spell? "doesn't".? It is accepted both Irak and Iraq depending on the language.? Since I grew up in Latin America speaking Spanish, I'm used to Irak.? Sorry if it offended you Mr. Perfect.? Why don't you use your time to let the lawmakers hear your voice instead of pointing out stupid things like that.

It is accepted both ways depending on the language? Okay, this one is written in English so how about being conistent. I wouldn't ever jump on someone for this but your attack on a fellow member for trying to catch a typo was uncalled for. Next time you post something and only wish to be stroked let us know.

660803[/snapback]

conistent?

Sorry I just wanted to be stroked.... :plain

660599[/snapback]

660607[/snapback]

chill he didnt attack you. it was a good letter. he was trying to make it better. helping u out so u dont look dumb

Yes, "irak" is rather silly and highly unprofessional when used in correspondence with a UNITED STATES SENATOR, however it is in the dictionary nevertheless... http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irak

There are worse things in the letter though, such as "and ther fans deserve" and capitalizing the "A" in Marlins: "to the MArlins executives."

Not trying to nitpick or anything, but it's little things like this make a perfectly good letter look really unprofessional. Anytime i've written a letter to someone like this, I always proof read it two times over.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.