Isn't Conine out for the beginning of Season?

flasportsfan88

I wonder what the Marlins FO is going to do with Conine now that Delgado is signed.

Is there a chance they could attempt to void his contract if he is unable to play starting in ST? Conine may have violated his contract by getting injured while engaged in other sports in the off-season. I'm not sure of all the legal ramifications of this, yet it has crossed my mind.

on that point, ESPN.com does not have conine listed in their projected marlins 2005 lineup - http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1975153

right now, theyre projecting:

pierre

castillo

cabrera

delgado

lowell

lo duca

encarnacion

gonzalez

not only is conine a better hitter than enc, but getting rid of him would offset some of the goodwill of the delgado signing as far as PR goes. how serious is conine`s injury anyway? how do you think they`re going to resolve this?

I wonder what the Marlins FO is going to do with Conine now that Delgado is signed.

Is there a chance they could attempt to void his contract if he is unable to play starting in ST? Conine may have violated his contract by getting injured while engaged in other sports in the off-season. I'm not sure of all the legal ramifications of this, yet it has crossed my mind.

667660[/snapback]

I'm sure the Marlins could void his contract, however Beinfest and Loria aren't stupid. Mr. Marlin will be a Marlin next year and retire as a Marlin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.