Who has the best 3, 4, 5 in NL East?

jonnylons

gotta think besides the Cards, the Fish have the best 3-4-5 in the NL

669719[/snapback]

by the way...why did Le Buttpirate say pick the Cards over teh Marlins in his recent article? I do agree though - Edmonds, Pujols, Rolen - that is pretty nasty. But we are right there:

Rolen vs. Lowell

Cabrera = the next Pujols?

Edmonds vs. Delgado

669719[/snapback]

by the way...why did Le Buttpirate say pick the Cards over teh Marlins in his recent article? I do agree though - Edmonds, Pujols, Rolen - that is pretty nasty. But we are right there:

Rolen vs. Lowell

Cabrera = the next Pujols?

Edmonds vs. Delgado

669725[/snapback]

Rolen is much better than Lowell with the shtick..... well maybe not much but that OPS last year was sick

Cabs could be the next Pujols but Pujols is Pujols.... :plain

meanwhile Edmonds is improving with age, he is probably better than Delyardo

But we have a better pitching staff than the Cards. I think this Marlin team is the most complete in the NL - on paper (I know, a scary thought) - and dare I say in the entire major leagues. Trying not to be a homer, but this Marlins team can challenge any team on paper. And at a fraction of the cost...wow.

669719[/snapback]

The Reds are right up there, IMO. It doesn't hurt that they play in a launching pad either.

Casey-Dunn-Griffey (assuming they're all healthy)

Marlins, only other teams who you can put up there are the Cards, the Red Sox, the Giants, and (if Giambi's healthy) the Yankees.

However, this team (aside from the obvious Beckett/Burnett/Mota) really rides on LoDuca and Conine/Encarnacion being effective. If they're not, other teams will find it easier to pitch to Delgado and Lowell...

Marlins, only other teams who you can put up there are the Cards, the Red Sox, the Giants, and (if Giambi's healthy) the Yankees.

670028[/snapback]

the Giants?

670037[/snapback]

Bonds and Alou are going to do some scary things this year.

Hell, the Giants had a scary 3-4-5 when it was just Bonds :p .

I'm assuring you the MArlins OPS will go up a lot

670073[/snapback]

not a lot, probably a little. Cabrera will continue to improve, Lowell will be about the same, and Delgado will drop a little because of going to a tougher park and the adjustment that comes with switching leagues, although him being in the lineup will improve the other two guys just a tad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.