Mike Wilbon

Fish Tank Frenzy

He's foolish in that regard, but he's probably hating on Marino because he's the one that stopped the perfect season of the 1985 Bears. At any rate, I usually agree with Wilbon, but this isn't one of those cases.

Rings don't make the player, or else you could equate Trent Dilfer and Brett Favre.

Guest marlins02

He's foolish in that regard, but he's probably hating on Marino because he's the one that stopped the perfect season of the 1985 Bears. At any rate, I usually agree with Wilbon, but this isn't one of those cases.

Rings don't make the player, or else you could equate Trent Dilfer and Brett Favre.

670158[/snapback]

i agree. i think wilbon's great and i like a lot of the stuff he says but i was watching that s*** yelling at the tv hoping tony would smack him upside the head.

I can't put a guy in the top 5 QB's ever when he's won as many super bowl as I have, but hey that's a non dolphins homer talking.

670330[/snapback]

Marino doesn't play defense, kick field goals, run the ball, or open up holes for running backs. Brady, Elway, Montana, Favre are all beneficiaries of great teams. Also, by your logic, Favre is no better than Dilfer.

Aikman won the big games.

Marino didnt.

Aikman had an amazing postseason record.

Marino didnt.

The argument that rings dont matter applies slightly. But Aikman lead his team to 3. Marino lead his team to 0.

670432[/snapback]

Give Marino the RB with the most yards of all-time, one of the best WRs of the 90s, one of the best defenses of the 90s, and the best OL of the 90s and he would've won 5 rings.

I agree, PTI and ATH are really going down the tubes. Not once, NOT ONCE did PTI even mention the words "Marlins" or "Carlos Delgado" at all over the past week, but they dedicated an entire segment to Freddy Mitchells hair :rolleyes: . Also, I absolutely can't stand the sports writers on Around The Horn except for Tim Cowlishaw, he's great.