Why couldnt we sign this guy

...because we don't have a roster spot to give and he's not that much better than Perisho. You know "better the devil you know..."

And don't you dare point to 2002...any and all stats from a pitcher in Atlanta (under Mazonne) should be disregarded when trying to gauge future success elsewhere.

...because we don't have a roster spot to give and he's not that much better than Perisho. You know "better the devil you know..."

And don't you dare point to 2002...any and all stats from a pitcher in Atlanta (under Mazonne) should be disregarded when trying to gauge future success elsewhere.

672973[/snapback]

Chris Hammond is a former marlin.

672973[/snapback]

Actually, Hammond is a LOT better than Perisho, the differences are night and day.

...because we don't have a roster spot to give and he's not that much better than Perisho.? You know "better the devil you know..."

672973[/snapback]

Chris Hammond is a former marlin.

672999[/snapback]

In '98, and then he was out of baseball for four years...Perisho was here last year, so we at least know what he's capable of.

hammond was here was a starter if i remmeber correctly. And alfonseca was good when he was here, so it isnt just an atlanta fluke

673377[/snapback]

Atlanta Fluke? 2.86 ERA with NYY in 2003 and a 2.68 ERA with Oakland last year... hmm seems as thought it wasnt a fluke... This is guy IS much better thatn Perisho its obvious just take a look.

you people are insane. Chris hammond sucks i mean he sucks bad. Perisho is bad too but not nearly as bad as hammond. I would rather have neither but ill pick the lesser of two evils in Perisho. While we are at it and bringing back former marlins like some people on this board are obsessed with doing i hear ed vosberg is looking for work :banghead

Ill just tbe hoping for alot of 7+ inning games from our starters

hammond was here was a starter if i remmeber correctly. And alfonseca was good when he was here, so it isnt just an atlanta fluke

673377[/snapback]

Atlanta Fluke? 2.86 ERA with NYY in 2003 and a 2.68 ERA with Oakland last year... hmm seems as thought it wasnt a fluke... This is guy IS much better thatn Perisho its obvious just take a look.

673489[/snapback]

Reread my post. I was saying that alfonseca wasnt just an atlanta fluke. It made no mention of hammond other than the fact that he was a starter with us.