BREAKING NEWS: NHL '04-'05 SEASON CANCELLED

PhishPhan

Well it was probably for the better because in all reality a 20 game season is a complete joke. Its sad to see and I know Im pretty disappointed they couldnt come to agree over $6.5 million. The owners will ultimately end up winning this, but now there probably wont be any talks until August because apparently they only like working with a deadline. Whatever, pitchers and catchers report tomorrow

TSN is reporting that the players have just accepted a cap, only minor details need to be worked out now. This is absolutely huge and we could be seeing NHL hockey in as little as two weeks.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

686464[/snapback]

687298[/snapback]

LOL

Next time be more humble and less pompous.

TSN is reporting that the players have just accepted a cap, only minor details need to be worked out now. This is absolutely huge and we could be seeing NHL hockey in as little as two weeks.

686464[/snapback]

687298[/snapback]

LOL

687302[/snapback]

Well he went on to say:

BTW, this season is probably going to happen, accepting the cap is the big part. As Barry Melrose said, the rest is just crunching the numbers.

686536[/snapback]

Exactly.

The fact that the PA has accepted a cap, regardless of the numbers, is absolutely huge. There will be a season.

686543[/snapback]

Shows we can no longer believe Barry Melrose, or Accord proclimations.

I hate being preached to and told something will happend and then it doesn't.

686464[/snapback]

687298[/snapback]

LOL

687302[/snapback]

Well he went on to say:

BTW, this season is probably going to happen, accepting the cap is the big part. As Barry Melrose said, the rest is just crunching the numbers.

686536[/snapback]

Exactly.

The fact that the PA has accepted a cap, regardless of the numbers, is absolutely huge. There will be a season.

686543[/snapback]

Shows we can no longer believe Barry Melrose, or Accord proclimations.

I hate being preached to and told something will happend and then it doesn't.

687304[/snapback]

nah, you're just a dick

I am seriously f***ing done. This is f***ing ridiculous, I place 100% of the blame on Bettman, as commissioner of the league it is his job and his responsibility to protect the sport as a whole, not just represent the owners. How can you come SO GOD DAMN MOTHER f***ING CLOSE and just let it all fall apart?

Bettman is an idiot, I am f***ing irate right now.

686464[/snapback]

687298[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with that post, the players did agree to a cap, it's just the two idiots Bettman and Goodenow couldn't agree on a specific number which is why the season was cancelled.

Get off your f***ing high horse.

Hey WTF is this, I was told by Accord and Barry Melrose that "they WILL make a deal" this time yesterday.......

:plain

687451[/snapback]

why do you gotta be a douche?

687456[/snapback]

Because I got ripped on by that pompous Accord for saying a deal was still unlikely and a long ways off yesterday, so now I get revenge for being right.

:)

Hey WTF is this, I was told by Accord and Barry Melrose that "they WILL make a deal" this time yesterday.......

687451[/snapback]

687456[/snapback]

Because I got ripped on by that pompous Accord for saying a deal was still unlikely and a long ways off yesterday, so now I get revenge for being right.

687458[/snapback]

It's 245....time for another Illinois thread...

687451[/snapback]

687456[/snapback]

687458[/snapback]

687459[/snapback]

That's not related to this at all.... :lol

687451[/snapback]

687456[/snapback]

687458[/snapback]

687459[/snapback]

That's not related to this at all.... :lol

687461[/snapback]

How can it not be...as of now, hockey is irrelevent