Bigger Joke?

Guest Fritz

Let me make this clear, the NHL never "un-canceled" the season nor did they ever make such an announcement. The season was officially cancelled on Wednesday and that was absolutely it.

The last 24 hours have demonstrated a real lack of journalistic responsibility. It seems that in an effort to beat one another to "breaking news," outlets relied way too much on unnamed sources. If one outlet picks up a report from "an unnamed source," then another, then the third one (moving up the food chain to TSN and ESPN), everyone starts reporting on it.

The problem is when traditional journalists stop checking *their* sources and it snowballs. The last 24 hours should have been reported as straight fact: they got together to talk and nothing came of it.

All those "news stories" were just rumors based on hearsay.

Shame on TSN, ESPN and The Hockey News.

I am not denying the fact that the entire lockout has been a complete circus, however you guys are voting that the NHL is a bigger joke for all the wrong reasons.

the nhl/nhlpa have been the biggest joke since declaring this stupid lockout, transforming a sport thats really no longer one of the 'big 3' hell it may not even be in the 'big 5' and utterly destroying the majority of the fan base they had.

i mean you have

NFL

NBA

MLB

NASCAR

NCAA sports

all of them are more popular by far than hockey.

they are dumbasses when they should be finding some way to reach fans they alienate them more over stupid s*** like this.

good job hockey.