MVP 2005 is OFFICIALLY out!

Accord

Some things I noticed after playing one game which is AWESOME:

Your manager can come out of the dugout and argue a bad call with the umpires by pressing triangle after a replay of the bad call and what's even cooler is you can actually control the "intensity" of the argument, it can be a casual talk with the ump or it can be a face to face yelling match Lou Pinella style, you tap triangle and the faster you tap it the more intense the argument gets but if it gets too intense your manager can get thrown out of the game and as a result you're no longer able to make key managerial decisions like double switches, changing pitchers, etc. It's really cool.

Bunting is hugely improved over last year, in MVP 2004 you couldn't even bunt for a base hit with JP but this year you can, it's very realistic. Hard to explain but you'll see when you play the game.

You can also do fake throws to any base , Luis and Seabass always fake throws that look exactly like a real throw, in real life after almost every play so it's pretty realistic when you're able to do it in the game now.

Also, if a ball is hit to your first baseball and you're far away from the bag, you can do a running throw to your pitcher who is running and catches the ball in mid-stride immediatley running to the bag. Last year you couldn't do running throws to the pitcher, the pitcher would have to completely stop to catch the ball.

There's lots of new animations for catching balls, robbing home runs, jumping, sliding, diving, running, etc. etc. and lots of new throwing motions as well.

Some other cool things are you can use the Marlins spring training jerseys as well as their home, away, and alternate jereys all from 1993.

I'm really disappointed with Delgado's ratings. His power rating against lefties is like 77 and his power rating against righties is only something like 86. In MVP 2004 his power ratings were in the high 90's. Thankfully you can edit the ratings of every single player.

Besides some of these cool additions and new features, the game for the most part is pretty identical to last year. MVP 2005 is more or less a "patched" version of MVP 2004 as opposed to an entirely new game, but i'm glad because 2004 was great.

Looks like i'm going to be up for 72 straight hours now... :D

If anyone wants to play online, let me know :thumbup .

693257[/snapback]

Is Delgado on the Marlins?

693266[/snapback]

roster updates ended on Jan 15th, so Delgado wont be with the fish, but he'll be in the free agent pool, so it should be easy to add him

693274[/snapback]

Weak. Hopefully roster updates are coming up soon.

If anyone wants to play online, let me know :thumbup .

693257[/snapback]

Is Delgado on the Marlins?

693266[/snapback]

roster updates ended on Jan 15th, so Delgado wont be with the fish, but he'll be in the free agent pool, so it should be easy to add him

693274[/snapback]

Weak. Hopefully roster updates are coming up soon.

693279[/snapback]

The first roster update will be on opening day when rosters are for the most part finalized.

BTW, i'm really disappointed with Delgado's ratings. His power rating against lefties is like 77 and his power rating against righties is only something like 86. In MVP 2004 his power ratings were in the high 90's.

Check out how realistic and so much better the graphics and faces are than ESPN 2k5:

Some things I noticed after playing one game which is AWESOME:

Your manager can come out of the dugout and argue a bad call with the umpires by pressing triangle after a replay of the bad call and what's even cooler is you can actually control the "intensity" of the argument, it can be a casual talk with the ump or it can be a face to face yelling match Lou Pinella style, you tap triangle and the faster you tap it the more intense the argument gets but if it gets too intense your manager can get thrown out of the game and as a result you're no longer able to make key managerial decisions like double switches, changing pitchers, etc. It's really cool.

Bunting is hugely improved over last year, in MVP 2004 you couldn't even bunt for a base hit with JP but this year you can, it's very realistic. Hard to explain but you'll see when you play the game.

You can also do fake throws to any base , Luis and Seabass always fake throws that look exactly like a real throw, in real life after almost every play so it's pretty realistic when you're able to do it in the game now.

Also, if a ball is hit to your first baseball and you're far away from the bag, you can do a running throw to your pitcher who is running and catches the ball in mid-stride immediatley running to the bag. Last year you couldn't do running throws to the pitcher, the pitcher would have to completely stop to catch the ball.

There's lots of new animations for catching balls, robbing home runs, jumping, sliding, diving, running, etc. etc. and lots of new throwing motions as well.

Some other cool things are you can use the Marlins spring training jerseys as well as their home, away, and alternate jereys all from 1993.

Besides some of these cool additions and new features, the game for the most part is pretty identical to last year. MVP 2005 is more or less a "patched" version of MVP 2004 as opposed to an entirely new game, but i'm glad because 2004 was great.

Each batting stance has it's own home run celebration and different umpires have different strike zones! I just played a game where the stike zone was about 25% smaller than the strike zone of a game I played right before it, pretty cool. Some umps will have a low strike zone and anything on the letters will be called a ball while other umps will high a high strike zone and anything on the letters is a strike.

sweet, can't wait to get mine! :whistle

693256[/snapback]

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

693316[/snapback]

Why do you feel the need to post on two different names?

For those who have it, can lefties actually hit HR's now?

I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA and EB and none had the Xbox version. In the end, I'm going to some store way out in the boonies that has the Xbox version.

The problem with not having Delgado on the Marlins is it's gonna mess with the payroll that was built in to the Marlins.

This might sound like an ignorant question but I hardly ever play PS2 and am getting MVP '05 tomorrow.. anyway, how do I play online and how much is it?

693401[/snapback]

Buy a network adapter, then set up an account. If I recall, PS2's online service is free.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.