Bought a Carlton Fisk autograph photo on eBay...

Accord

I bought a Steiner 16x20 photograph of Carlton Fisks famous "pushing the ball" after the home run, not only is it signed by Carlton Fisk but it's also signed by the pitcher who gave up the home run which makes it even more unique.

The signatures are large, crisp, clean, and in perfect condition, but the photo itself has creases all over the place and looks absolutely terrible, the creases really show up when any sort of light is even remotely close to the picture.

The reason it was creased was because the guy that shipped actually ROLLED UP this very large 16x20 photo and stick it in a shipping tube, as if he was shipping some cheap 2 dollar poster for a kids wall.

Being rolled up and stuck in a shipping tube caused the picture to crease all over right in the center of the picture, when Steiner ships their pictures, they are shipped in hard plastic sleves secured in flat boxes, not rolled up in a shipping tube! I am so furious right now.

I had a frame, matting, and everything all ready to go so I could frame it right when it arrived and now I can't because the thing is permanently damaged. If there were creases on the edges or something I wouldn't care, i'd just put some extra matting over it, but the creases on this are right on the center of the photo and right near the signatures where everyone will be looking.

I e-mailed him telling him what happened and asked him to either refund my money or exchange it for another one (this time shipped in a flat box). What else do you guys recommend that I say or do?

Here was the auction BTW: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

if you paid via paypal.... you need to file a claim with them for the amount of money you paid.... also bring it up to the ebay problem solving team.... first thing you need to do is take pictures of the creases and the tube and show how it was creased..... its also a bummer if you didn't choose to take insurance,.... but my friend was able to get his money back after 3 weeks of arguing and fighting and staying determined,... from paypal, not the seller, seller didn't do a damn thing

if you paid via paypal.... you need to file a claim with them for the amount of money you paid.... also bring it up to the ebay problem solving team.... first thing you need to do is take pictures of the creases and the tube and show how it was creased..... its also a bummer if you didn't choose to take insurance,.... but my friend was able to get his money back after 3 weeks of arguing and fighting and staying determined,... from paypal, not the seller, seller didn't do a damn thing

694626[/snapback]

I already checked with Paypal, their $1000 insurance protection crap they always advertise is only good if your item never shows up, it doesn't cover the condition of the item no matter how badly it was misrepresented. It was shipped FedEx insured, but shipping insurance doesn't cover the fact that the seller was a dumb f*** and stuck an expensive large autographed photograph into a poster tube :( .

The guy has almost perfect feedback, so I assume we'll be able to work this out.

My friend purchased an Arod 12x36 panoramic and it came rolled up in the tube, a cheap tube that you could easily dent with your fingers by pressing.... the photo looked like it was literally folded, not even rolled... my friend didn't take insurance, and by filing a claim with paypal and sending photos of the creases, he got his $40 wired back in.

damn, who buys more than $1000 of sports memorabilia on ebay in just two months?

i really gotta see your collection.... i bet your house is like a museum.

695622[/snapback]

I have an addiction :thumbup . I can give you a quick list of my collection if you want.

Have any of you guys ever been to the Sports Immortals museum in Boca? That place is awesome, I highly recommend you check it out, supposedly it's the largest private collection of sports memorabilia in the world.

damn, who buys more than $1000 of sports memorabilia on ebay in just two months?

695622[/snapback]

I have an addiction :thumbup . I can give you a quick list of my collection if you want.

Have any of you guys ever been to the Sports Immortals museum in Boca? By the way, that's my house!

695941[/snapback]

1. you know they're legit

2. it's much more fun

3. you have to "earn" your autographs by competing with the other autograph seekers

4. they are YOUR accomplishments

5. you remember the time(s) you got the autograph(s)

696553[/snapback]

Everything I own was either obtained in person, TTM, or is from from reputable companies such as Steiner, Mounted Memories, Tristar, etc.

I have tons of autographs of Marlins players that I got in person such as Lowell, Seabass, Pavano, Sheffield, Benitez, JP, Niner, Lenny, Bonilla and a bunch of others, but where the hell am I supposed to get autographs in person of Carlton Fisk, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Bob Feller, Hank Greenberg etc. the list goes on. Your reasons for getting auto's in person are overrated, I have 30+ auto's i've gotten in person and none of them were memorable experiences or things that I would consider to be "accomplishments".

Any honestly, getting auto's in person actually devalues the item because if you try and sell it on eBay or somewhere else without a hologram and COA from a REPUTABLE company like the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph, you won't get nearly as much money for it.

695622[/snapback]

Have any of you guys ever been to the Sports Immortals museum in Boca? By the way, that's my house!

695941[/snapback]

696557[/snapback]

I wish.

I understand what you're saying ..... but for me, it's my hobby... and I'm not necessarily going to sell my autographs and I know it is much harder to sell them without a COA/Hologram... however, if I do plan on selling it, I can create an online ebay business if need be, and have COAs made up for the items... it will still say so-so guarantees this autograph is authentic and so on... I consider some of my autographs, accomplishments, because of what I do to get them.... especially if it's a photograph of more than one player and I want to try to complete the photo signed by the 2+ players on it... I also consider getting Derek Jeter on my 16x20 and accomplishment because I've gone for 3 years straight now to Yankees ST, and I have never gotten Jeter... let alone on the 16x20 I've brought each year... so you can take it however you like... I enjoy getting them myself, and not paying the $250 Steiner price for a Jeter baseball.... or $550 for a Jeter 16x20... thats just how I feel

1. you know they're legit

2. it's much more fun

3. you have to "earn" your autographs by competing with the other autograph seekers

4. they are YOUR accomplishments

5. you remember the time(s) you got the autograph(s)

696553[/snapback]

Everything I own was either obtained in person, TTM, or is from from reputable companies such as Steiner, Mounted Memories, Tristar, etc.

I have tons of autographs of Marlins players that I got in person such as Lowell, Seabass, Pavano, Sheffield, Benitez, JP, Niner, Lenny, Bonilla and a bunch of others, but where the hell am I supposed to get autographs in person of Carlton Fisk, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Bob Feller, Hank Greenberg etc. the list goes on. Your reasons for getting auto's in person are overrated, I have 30+ auto's i've gotten in person and none of them were memorable experiences or things that I would consider to be "accomplishments".

Any honestly, getting auto's in person actually devalues the item because if you try and sell it on eBay or somewhere else without a hologram and COA from a REPUTABLE company like the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph, you won't get nearly as much money for it.

696706[/snapback]

YOu can always send it in to PSA, which is one of the most reputable companies out there.

695622[/snapback]

Have any of you guys ever been to the Sports Immortals museum in Boca? That place is awesome, I highly recommend you check it out, supposedly it's the largest private collection of sports memorabilia in the world.

695941[/snapback]

that place is sick

I understand what you're saying ..... but for me, it's my hobby... and I'm not necessarily going to sell my autographs and I know it is much harder to sell them without a COA/Hologram... however, if I do plan on selling it, I can create an online ebay business if need be, and have COAs made up for the items... it will still say so-so guarantees this autograph is authentic and so on... I consider some of my autographs, accomplishments, because of what I do to get them.... especially if it's a photograph of more than one player and I want to try to complete the photo signed by the 2+ players on it... I also consider getting Derek Jeter on my 16x20 and accomplishment because I've gone for 3 years straight now to Yankees ST, and I have never gotten Jeter... let alone on the 16x20 I've brought each year... so you can take it however you like... I enjoy getting them myself, and not paying the $250 Steiner price for a Jeter baseball.... or $550 for a Jeter 16x20... thats just how I feel

696897[/snapback]

You don't understand, COA's are absolutely worthless unless they're from a reputable company. ANYONE could print out their own COA's saying they're guaranteed for life blah blah blah, this doesn't change a thing... you even said it yourself you could print your own COA's if you wanted to! A COA from a no name company or person is no better than having no COA at all. Half the items on eBay are from no name companies with bogus COA's and the prices of these items never reaches anything close to that of an item from a reputable company.

A COA from a no name company claiming an item is 100% authentic and guaranteed for life is worth no more than the sheet of paper it was printed on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.