Space Nerd...

1truefan

okok..So I am a space nerd....I admit it...I have been staying in tune with the nasa site to see any new developments from them....

I want to share this with you all...it shows the points that Columbia came in and where it struggled...If you need help with the acroynms, there's a list of them on the site...

NASA

1truefan, thank you for the wallpaper.

I also am a space junkie, and am happy to be able to place that picture on my desktop. I have also been following the investigation as it unfolds. No matter what the outcome, I feel the manned space program should continue. There are some that believe it is too costly, too risky, or too worthless to continue. I am not one of them.

Every person on this board uses some form of technology everyday that can be traced to the work of the space program. Smaller faster computers right down to simplistic things such as velcro.

Yes, it is risky, but the brave souls that lost their lives knew the risks and did it anyway. Where would each of us be without the dedication of brave people no matter what their occupation may be.

Our population is exploding, and if we somehow find a way not to destroy ourselves before the time comes, we will need to find a way to expand. The space program offers us hope for all of our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren......you get the point.

We need to explore our universe. It helps us understand the past, enriches our present, and may save our future.