My view on the stadium "debate" in Tallahassee

I don't care if you jerks don't want to read it or not. It doesn't matter to me. You reading it makes no difference to me as I do not make money from this website and the Ballpark Newspage is run as a service to help people keep up-to-date on the ballpark. Once again, you guys can't do anything productive on this board.

I don't care if you jerks don't want to read it or not. I doesn't matter to me. You reading it makes no difference to me as I do not make money from this website and the Ballpark Newspage is run as a service to help people keep up-to-date on the ballpark. Once again, you guys can't do anything productive on this board.

738087[/snapback]

Completly agree with cape on these two. :thumbup

Cape,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sen. King against the Marlins' rebate and at the same time supports the Nascar rebate?

Maybe Tom Lee is doing the Fish a favor demanding that both rebated be included on the same bill. That way if King wants his Nascar Museum he will be forced to vote in favor of the Fish also. This after all might have a positive ending.

Cape,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sen. King against the Marlins' rebate and at the same time supports the Nascar rebate?

Maybe Tom Lee is doing the Fish a favor demanding that both rebated be included on the same bill. That way if King wants his Nascar Museum he will be forced to vote in favor of the Fish also. This after all might have a positive ending.

738172[/snapback]

don't know about the NASCAR issue. I do believe he supported the PGA Golf museum near Jacksonville a few years ago.

Cape,

738172[/snapback]

don't know about the NASCAR issue. I do believe he supported the PGA Golf museum near Jacksonville a few years ago.

738176[/snapback]

It's my understanding that he fully supports it. I will reserch it.

Don't click the link. Don't support these lame attempts for him to get hits on his site. He could just as easily c/p it here.

737969[/snapback]

Doesn't surprise me coming from you.

Cape contributes a lot to this site. IF you don't want to read, don't read it. But your comments are getting pretty old around here :thumbdown

I don't care if you jerks don't want to read it or not. It doesn't matter to me. You reading it makes no difference to me as I do not make money from this website and the Ballpark Newspage is run as a service to help people keep up-to-date on the ballpark. Once again, you guys can't do anything productive on this board.

738087[/snapback]

I appreciate your posts regarding the stadium. It's my main source for stadium news. :thumbup

Guest Moneyball

All you need to get off the Capefish Haterade. Those of you that have issues with him have serious problems. It's not like he's a Piganator giving us bad info. His info is always correct, I have yet to find anything Cape has posted to be false. He tries to be nice and all you a**holes always jump on him for trying to do something positive for society. You have to have serious social problems if you come bashing people who only try to do good. He's on the list of the few members of this site who doesn't pick fights with anyone for no particular reason. This Capefish hate has no reason to exist.

Good day.

All you need to get off the Capefish Haterade. Those of you that have issues with him have serious problems. It's not like he's a Piganator giving us bad info. His info is always correct, I have yet to find anything Cape has posted to be false. He tries to be nice and all you a**holes always jump on him for trying to do something positive for society. You have to have serious social problems if you come bashing people who only try to do good. He's on the list of the few members of this site who doesn't pick fights with anyone for no particular reason. This Capefish hate has no reason to exist.

Good day.

738914[/snapback]

i agree

Hey Cape, wasn't Dolphins Stadium built with private money? Money that Joe Robbie himself put up?

738870[/snapback]

No, the land belongs to Dade County and is leased at $1 for 99 years to the Dolphins Stadium Corp. Robbie went out and sold seat licenses, skybox licenses, and signed seat leases to start paying for it. The stadium is scheduled in debt until 2016 when that debt will be paid off.

Hey Cape, wasn't Dolphins Stadium built with private money? Money that Joe Robbie himself put up?

738870[/snapback]

No, the land belongs to Dade County and is leased at $1 for 99 years to the Dolphins Stadium Corp. Robbie went out and sold seat licenses, skybox licenses, and signed seat leases to start paying for it. The stadium is scheduled in debt until 2016 when that debt will be paid off.

739375[/snapback]

To answer the question that was asked... yes the stadium was built with all private funds.

To answer the question that was asked... yes the stadium was built with all private funds.

739386[/snapback]

No, the land was used to gain credit. Therefore public funds were used. Dolphins Stadium was financed privately, but the financing was attained using some public resources.

Dolphins Stadium is under the authority of the Miami-Dade County Commission which can limit events at the facility.

739386[/snapback]

No, the land was used to gain credit. Therefore public funds were used. Dolphins Stadium was financed privately, but the financing was attained using some public resources.

Dolphins Stadium is under the authority of the Miami-Dade County Commission which can limit events at the facility.

739397[/snapback]

Then I guess you should call up the MLB people and let them know.

The $115 million, state-of-the-art, open-air football facility was the first of its kind to be constructed entirely with private funds.

link

739386[/snapback]

739397[/snapback]

Then I guess you should call up the MLB people and let them know.

The $115 million, state-of-the-art, open-air football facility was the first of its kind to be constructed entirely with private funds.

link

739402[/snapback]

That came from the Dolphins Stadium information, not MLB.com or the Marlins.

Dolphins Stadium was part-financed by drawing on the credit of the land owned by the County. The rest was paid by selling contracts for seats, season tickets, and skyboxes.

The land that Joe Robbie Stadium is on was donated by a private investor. He was a huge Dolphins fan and donated the land. The land is owned by the county for tax purposes only. But it was not owned by the county at the time the stadium was built. JRS was originally planned to be built on Tropical Park off of Bird Rd in Miami.