Happy Birthday Paulie!

Malman

And as frosting on the cake, Paul gets today off (although I suspect Jack ill use him as a pinch-hitter if needed in the latter innings).

Jack is doing the right thing giving LoDuca a couple of days off in a row (travel day). He's hitting the heck out of the ball, and the deeper into the season he can be productive the better the team will do in the long run. Go Paulie!

He and Wiley really seem to have our pitchers focused on what they are supposed to be doing out on the mound. Personally, I think he's been one of the best things to happen to the Fish in a long while. The Mota, Encarnacion, LoDuca trade will go down as one of Beinfest's best moves as a GM.

And as frosting on the cake, Paul gets today off (although I suspect Jack ill use him as a pinch-hitter if needed in the latter innings).

Jack is doing the right thing giving LoDuca a couple of days off in a row (travel day). He's hitting the heck out of the ball, and the deeper into the season he can be productive the better the team will do in the long run. Go Paulie!

He and Wiley really seem to have our pitchers focused on what they are supposed to be doing out on the mound. Personally, I think he's been one of the best things to happen to the Fish in a long while. The Mota, Encarnacion, LoDuca trade will will go down as one of Beinfest's best moves as a GM.

740686[/snapback]

I hope that you are right about the trade, since I was actually quite pleased last year about it, despite mixed feelings from Marls fans about it. (although i'll admit, i wasn't too pleased with Enc then).

He and Wiley really seem to have our pitchers focused on what they are supposed to be doing out on the mound. Personally, I think he's been one of the best things to happen to the Fish in a long while. The Mota, Encarnacion, LoDuca trade will go down as one of Beinfest's best moves as a GM.

740686[/snapback]

some pretty bold words there(no pun intended)

740686[/snapback]

740701[/snapback]

It's my opinion, that's all. And the operative word was "one" of his best trades.

Penny still isn't pitching (and where would we be paying him $5+ million and on the DL?), Choi is batting something like .067 and we were able to pick up a bonafide major league catcher and setup/closer in Mota. I'm leaving Encarnacion out of the equation but so far he's been a benefit to the team as well.

In my mind that's a good trade.

740686[/snapback]

740701[/snapback]

It's my opinion, that's all. And the operative word was "one" of his best trades.

Penny still isn't pitching (and where would we be paying him $5+ million and on the DL?), Choi is batting something like .067 and we were able to pick up a bonafide major league catcher and setup/closer in Mota. I'm leaving Encarnacion out of the equation but so far he's been a benefit to the team as well.

In my mind that's a good trade.

740709[/snapback]

Not to mention that Paulie is/was better than any option we could add last season, and despite what anyone wants to say about him, he still is probably one of the top-3 catchers in the NL, and he certainly is one of the better game callers in all of baseball.

I agree with you Marlins2003, one of the best moves of Beinfest's tenure. And I loved it from the start :thumbup .

P.S.: I think LoDuca plays simply because he already got Sunday off, and with the off-day tomorrow and two day games this weekend, it's more likely that he sits one of those out than today's. I mean, we want to keep him fresh, but you can't sit the most consistently hot hitter we've had since the season started twice in 4 days...

I agree I also believe that trade will be considered Beinfest's greatest move, he's gotten us a catcher that still has a solid couple years left in him and he's a vocal leader in the clubhouse. Mota who I have some faith in that he will become a consistant closer in this league and if ENC hits the way he has been so far this year he'll be a solid OF in the league.