Mock Draft Round 1

Guest FishFanInPA

The Vikes drafting an RB at #7 with an already-capable and crowded backfield is just moronic.

745001[/snapback]

They very well might do it if they can not get a Williams or Edwards and feel that Williamson is not worth it. I know that they feel Bennett is too brittle, Moe Williams is not the guy, Mewelde is more of a third down back and they do not know if Onterrio is trust worthy enough to carry the burden of being the man at RB. Remember, this is not Linehan's (sp) show anymore and the offense, without Moss, will be substantially different.

do the vikings even need a linebacker?

742369[/snapback]

they need D and a WR, and both the WR's were gone and they re-built there secondary so Johnson seems like the right pick.

742372[/snapback]

they dont really need a starting linebacker though. not with the acquisition of harris.

742384[/snapback]

Doesn't Harris play Inside LB. Who would you have taken?

And Passion the Bucs are thinking about trading Simms to move up in the draft and take him.

742390[/snapback]

I agree they will let Napolean Harris try and do his thing, but ask the Raiders, he has been a pretty big disappointment so far in his career and E.J. Henderson has not shown that he is a capable starter either.

Im really considering taking Alex Smith here for the Aints. By this mock draft, Smith is plumetting. I wonder if the Saints wouldnt miss on the opportunity to draft a guy rated as a top pick at one point. But I talked to some of my friends and it looks like they simply have more pressing needs. Thomas Davis would fit perfectly here. Aaron Brooks is under contract till 2007 if not earlier. He has character issues and had a good year this year but bad years in the past and is prone to the interception.

I say screw it...with the 16th pick, the New Orleans Saints take Alex Smith, QB Utah.

Teams shouldnt draft strictly by need. Take the best player available. The Patriots do that. The Vikings did it with Moss. The QB position is hands down the most important position out there. A franchise QB can be huge for a team. In my mind its worth the risk, especially so much lower in the draft. Smith needs time to develop anyway so by the time Brooks' career in New Orleans is winding down, Smith will step in and start.

Im really considering taking Alex Smith here for the Aints. By this mock draft, Smith is plumetting. I wonder if the Saints wouldnt miss on the opportunity to draft a guy rated as a top pick at one point. But I talked to some of my friends and it looks like they simply have more pressing needs. Thomas Davis would fit perfectly here. Aaron Brooks is under contract till 2007 if not earlier. He has character issues and had a good year this year but bad years in the past and is prone to the interception.

I say screw it...with the 16th pick, the New Orleans Saints take Alex Smith, QB Utah.

Teams shouldnt draft strictly by need. Take the best player available. The Patriots do that. The Vikings did it with Moss. The QB position is hands down the most important position out there. A franchise QB can be huge for a team. In my mind its worth the risk, especially so much lower in the draft. Smith needs time to develop anyway so by the time Brooks' career in New Orleans is winding down, Smith will step in and start.

746304[/snapback]

aaron brooks sucks.

746304[/snapback]

aaron brooks sucks.

746485[/snapback]

Great value pick too. Smith is almost guarenteed not to slip past 5 in real life

Guest FishFanInPA

Good....Smith has more potential then Rodgers although he might be a Urban Meyer gimmick.....this will potentially be the hype around Chris Leak.

Isn't Alex Smith supposed to 3rd to Cleveland?

746616[/snapback]

No 2nd to Miami, or Tampa

746618[/snapback]

Word is he is almost a lock to go #1 now to SF since the coaches are in love with his potential.

746730[/snapback]

Everything I've seen has San Fran already negotiating a contract with Rodgers.

Guest Juanky

746616[/snapback]

746618[/snapback]

Word is he is almost a lock to go #1 now to SF since the coaches are in love with his potential.

746730[/snapback]

746771[/snapback]

They are negotiating with both from what I saw to see who gives them the best price.

746616[/snapback]

746618[/snapback]

746730[/snapback]

746771[/snapback]

They are negotiating with both from what I saw to see who gives them the best price.

746801[/snapback]

That would make sense as well.

746616[/snapback]

746618[/snapback]

746730[/snapback]

746771[/snapback]

Here is a new column that is by ESPN that states the 49ers want Smith:

49ers lean towards Smith