Politician Emailing Frenzy

I just spent a good 30 minutes finding the email address of every single Florida Senator and sending them an email asking them to vote for the stadium. Here is what I wrote to them:

My name is Sara, I'm 17, and I live in Miami.

I am writing to you in regards to the current bill dealing with the Marlins and their new stadium. I am eagerly asking you to vote FOR the stadium. My dad and I are huge fans of the team, and without baseball he and I have nothing in common. I really do not know what we would do if the team left, and that is what they will do if they do not get the stadium. Wayne Huizenga is such a greedy man, he sold our 1997 team after our World Series championship and now he is threatening to kick our team out. The Marlins barely get any money from concessions or ticket sales because Huizenga owns that stupid football stadium that we play in. Please, our team needs this stadium. It would help tourism so much and it would really help bring our community together. Our players and fans just need something that shows some promise, some future; and they will stay, and eventually our ownership will have enough money to keep and support star players, which will in turn bring larger crowds. These fans are still heartbroken from 1997. Please, give us something to hope for. Please don?t let my team leave. Thanks for listening.

This is what I wrote to Senator Tom Lee...our favorite...:

Senator Lee,

I am sure many people have attempted to change your views concerning the Marlins stadium. My name is Sara, I'm 17, and I live in Miami. I am going to be another one of those people, but maybe hearing something from a REAL FAN will give you a different perspective. Please, just hear me out.

My dad and I are huge fans of the team, and I mean huge. Without baseball, he and I have nothing in common. I really do not know what we would do if the team left, they are such a big part of our lives. That is what they will do if they do not get the stadium --- they will go to a city who will give them what they deserve. There is something very wrong when a team wins 2 championships in 10 years and they cannot get support for a stadium. Wayne Huizenga is such a greedy man, he sold our 1997 team after our World Series championship and now he is threatening to kick our team out. The Marlins barely get any money from concessions or ticket sales because Huizenga owns that stupid football stadium that we play in. Please, sir, our team needs this stadium. It would help tourism so much and it would really help bring our community together. Our players and fans just need something that shows some promise, some future; and they will stay, and eventually our ownership will have enough money to keep and support star players, which will in turn bring larger crowds. These fans are still heartbroken from 1997. Please, give us something to hope for. Please don't take my team away. Thanks for listening.

-Sara

I will post another message with all of their emails, so you guys can send them letters too. I highly recommend doing so, if they see that there is avid interest and passion, they may change their minds! GO FISH!

Great job. :thumbup However, I would have lied and said I was 18 or older... meaning you can vote. Although, you'll be able to vote next year... so you should have reminded them of that fact. Ultimately, these guys will react if they feel their position is in some way threatened if they vote against the stadium. But, great job overall. :)