Stadium progress?

Marlins97+03WC

Is there a good chance that we will get those votes. Is this in the near future?

764483[/snapback]

not sure if theres a good chance or not i'd say its a tossup but if you consider tomorrow the near future then yes. its do or die, and we will know in 24 hours whether we've done or died

Lee: Stadium project dead for this year

The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Miami's bid for a $60 million state subsidy to help build a new baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins is dead, Senate President Tom Lee said Thursday.

The House voted 90-26 Wednesday for a proposal to commit tax dollars to help the team build a proposed $420 million retractable-roof stadium in Miami, which has also had the backing of Gov. Jeb Bush.

"It will not pass," Lee said.

Lee, however, did not say whether the bill would be debated on the floor on Friday, the final day of the session.

"This has been a game of hot potato," Lee said. "Members of the Miami delegation trying to point fingers at other people because they did their job and then it died in the other chamber. I'm just not into all of that."

However, one Miami lawmaker said he hasn't given up.

"I'm going to continue to have hope, it's not the last day yet," said Sen. Rudy Garcia, a Miami Republican pushing for state help on the ballpark.

"I've seen stranger things happen on the last day," he said.

Marlins vice president P.J. Loyello did not return a message left on his cell phone.

maybe KEY WEST WILL BUILD US A STADIUM that would be nice.

That is what the Dallas Cowboys did moved to Arlington mayor over here said that he would get them a stadium.

Think outside the box. FT Lauderdale doesnt have to Miami just close. Right

764567[/snapback]

There is not enough space on the island to build a cottage more, let alone a baseball stadium. What are you hoping will show up for fans? Chickens and Communists who crossed the Straits for a game while on a Castro Lunch Break?

There is not enough space on the island to build a cottage more, let alone a baseball stadium. What are you hoping will show up for fans? Chickens and Communists who crossed the Straits for a game while on a Castro Lunch Break?

:D :lol :D :lol :D

hey just a thought. isnt the ball park almost in FR Lauderdale as it is.

this is a bigger circus act then the texas state legislature.

764585[/snapback]

At least FHP didn't have to go chase Democrats into Georgia and Alabama like certain Texas Rangers had to do in Oklahoma with some Texas Democrats.

764590[/snapback]

well when the republicans act like jackasses thats what you have to do.

i hope when the democrats take control again we treat them like utter garbage and like they are lesser humans.

oh wait, liberals actually care about the majority of people.