Off topic:uk fan visiting for first time...

hi all,

Im a fan from England and coming to Dolphins Stadium for the first time at the end of august to see a game vs the Cards. Just wondered if someone could help me with my seat selection, as its a one off game for me I can pretty much afford anywhere. Whats so special about the VIP bit behind the batters box? Also ive got a friend who's a Cards fan would he be ok with wearing the STL jersey there? Only over here in England, fans get pretty heated if you sit in the wrong section with an away teams jersey on.

Just wondered what you guys thought?

Cheers

Since $$$ is no object this may not be helpful but the upperdeck sections immediately around homeplate are terrific. They give you a wide panaromic view of all plays and if you are planning on attending more than one game you may want to at least see one game from upstairs.

One frequent poster here is "Accord" who has terrific seats behind the first base dugout. He can probably give you his insight into sitting downstairs. For me I don't like watching a game through a net, I find it annoying, so I would guide you to seats where your view is unobstructed. Do not under any circumstances sit beyond first or third base as you will be sitting at an angle to play on the field.

I doubt your friend will have a problem wearing a Cards jersey.

Have a great time and I hope after you attend you'll return to our website and give us your thoughts on your visit. :thumbup

In terms of sitting in a section with an opposing jersey on, its okay. Unless your a Mets or Braves fan, most fans get along. Anyways, I'll have to agree that the upper deck behind home play or on either first or third base line is a good way to go. Here's a picture of my seats for opening day:

Very good seats for $16. And if you can get infield seats (I think they are $31) right behind First or Third base is also your best bet. DO NOT get tickets in the Terrance box seats as they are at such an angle that its hard to see home plate. Other than that, I think you are ready to go and hope you have a great trip and a great time at the game. Hope you stop by more often :thumbup

I believe that the Batters Box and Founder's Field seats are sold out for the remainder of the season, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be found through a broker/scalper somewhere on the net. I've got season tickets right behind homeplate and I've become so acclimated to the net that it doesn't bother me, but as Marlins2003, the net rubs some people the wrong way. If you don't mind the net, section 149 or 150 are the lower level sections of choice, and if you don't want the net, I'd recommend sections 144 or 145 (those are on the Marlins dugout).

And your friend should be fine with the Cards jersey, I'd expect that game to be about 70/30 Marlins-Cards (what with the bandwagon south Florida fans and the Cards having spring training in Palm Beach County).

I would suggest section 149 or 150 Row 1-10. Right behind home plate. You can find these seats for sale on Ebay. These are just above the Batter's Box area. If you're in the Batter's Box directly behind home you have a slightly better seat but you don't get a chance to experience the stadium. You're stuck down in the VIP zone. Go with Section 149 or 150. This way you can be part of the crowd. Buy a hotdog and beer and peanuts from the fellows seling them in the stands. Walk up to the concession stands. Have easier access to buying yourself a souveneir at the shops. Everything will be great, as long as the weather cooperates. Have a good time.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Infield Box - section 145 - my favorite and highly recommended! Or you could go section 245 if you prefer the air conditioning - that's always nice when you need to use the restrooms - they are less crowded and nice and cool! Great view of the game, most importantly.

Batters Box seats are by far the best seats money can buy, however they are sold out for the rest of the season. You can always find some on eBay if you really want to sit there, and it's a great experience. Anytime a celebrity goes to the game they always sit in the Batters Box and also the Marlins owner Jeff Loria always sits there. Honestly the seats are a great value for the money when you consider that equivelant seats at other sporting events such as courtside seats are Heat games cost well in excess of $1000 per seat, per game and the seats in the Batters Box are something like ~$150-175 each. If you're only going to be going to 1 game, I would definitely try and get these seats.

You can't buy them direct from the Marlins because they're sold out, but you can find them on eBay, you'll probably have to overpay a little bit but if you're only going to one game and money is no object, it's definitely worth it. You could buy them on eBay and then have the tickets sent to you via FedEx insured.

There is a seller on eBay that has like 10 batters box seats and is always selling them, here is a link to where you can contact them about the Cards game: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...riceless-moment

About your friend wearing a Cards jersey, that's no problem. You can wear a Red Sox jersey at Yankee stadium with little or no trouble at all, so your friend will certainly be fine wearing a Cards jersey to a Marlins game and it doesn't matter where you sit... baseball fans here, even the most diehard ones are nothing like soccer fans in Europe.

I have seats right behind the Marlins first base dugout and I love them. Any seats between sections 144 and 155 are fantastic seats and you can't go wrong.

Guest Moneyball

About the guy in the Cardinals jersey. He should be fine. We don't have as much a widespread problem as other countries. Baseball fans tend to gel nicely at baseball games. People only get hostile when you are a a**hole and start doing idiotic things.

Batters Box seats are by far the best seats money can buy, however they are sold out for the rest of the season. You can always find some on eBay if you really want to sit there, and it's a great experience. Anytime a celebrity goes to the game they always sit in the Batters Box and also the Marlins owner Jeff Loria always sits there. Honestly the seats are a great value for the money when you consider that equivelant seats at other sporting events such as courtside seats are Heat games cost well in excess of $1000 per seat, per game and the seats in the Batters Box are something like ~$150-175 each. If you're only going to be going to 1 game, I would definitely try and get these seats.

.Celebrity.....at a Marlins game in late August. Gimme a break.

.Celebrity.....at a Marlins game in late August. Gimme a break.

770090[/snapback]

You must not go to many games if you think that.

T.O. was at a game a few weeks ago, Fat Joe was there for the entire Reds series, and Jimmy Buffet always goes to games. All of them in the Batters Box. There's many more too...

Thanks guys youve all been a real help! Made things so much harder because now Im struggling to decide which of the seats youve mentioned to choose! Im tempted with batters box just on the off chance of meeting a celeb, how many seats are in the batters box?! We might be staying at the El Palacio hotel, dunno if anyone knows anything about it? Im really looking forward to visiting and Florida fans are a really good bunch judging by the help you guys have given me!

Thanks again all