23 Sacramento 50-32

24 Houston 51-31

25 Seattle 52-30

26 Detroit 54-28

27 Utah (from Dallas) 26-56

28 San Antonio 59-23

29 Miami 59-23

30 New York (from Phoenix via San Antonio) 33-49

i hope the channing frye falls to #9...if not i'll be happy with Chris Taft...who knows, that guy from lithuania may fall to #9, but I doubt it...plus the Warriors don't need another European with a hard to pronounce name (Andris Biedrins, Zarko Cabarkapa, Nikoloz Tskitisvilli, Mickael Pietrus, etc.)

If you do not have ESPN Insider and want to know who Chad Ford has currently in the early mock for your team, PM me and let me know. It would be too long and messy to copy and paste all teams because of the format they used to do it. Here is the Heats though:

29. MIAMI HEAT

Jarrett Jack

GEORGIA TECH | JUNIOR | POINT GUARD

HEIGHT: 6-3 | WEIGHT: 200 | AGE: 21

Jack could be off the board in the mid-first round, but it's conceivable that he slips all the way to the end of the round. He's a very good point guard prospect who just needs to cut down on his turnovers. With Damon Jones possibly hitting free agency this summer, Jack would be a great fit in Miami.

And Jack's Scouting Report:

Draft Projection: Mid-teens to mid-20s

Notes: A big-time high school prospect who averaged 33 ppg at Mount Zion Christian Academy as a junior -- the same place that produced Tracy McGrady. A cousin of former Duke point guard Chris Duhon.

Positives: Jack really knows how to run a team. He has good size and nice court vision, as well as an NBA body and athleticism. He's an excellent rebounder for a point guard. He's also a good defender who collects a decent number of steals. He's a leader on the floor and rarely takes a bad shot. Plays with great competitive fire.

Negatives: Jack had another up-and-down year. That's not really the image you want to project if you're a point guard. Scouts worry that he plays a little out of control at times. His 3.5 turnovers per game are fairly high for such a natural point. His 3-point shooting has improved, but scouts question whether he has the range to hit the shot in the pros. He struggles shooting off the dribble.

Summary: Jack is all over the board as far as his draft stock goes. Some have him as a mid-first round selection. Most, however, have him ranked in the mid-to-high 20s.

i hope the channing frye falls to #9...if not i'll be happy with Chris Taft...who knows, that guy from lithuania may fall to #9, but I doubt it...plus the Warriors don't need another European with a hard to pronounce name (Andris Biedrins, Zarko Cabarkapa, Nikoloz Tskitisvilli, Mickael Pietrus, etc.)

782614[/snapback]

The Euros are (hopefully) the future of the game. They at least teach big men fundamentals, unlike here, where your typical big men are generally lacking the ability to consistently nail jump shots.

782614[/snapback]

The Euros are (hopefully) the future of the game. They at least teach big men fundamentals, unlike here, where your typical big men are generally lacking the ability to consistently nail jump shots.

782827[/snapback]

Is a big man really supposed to shoot jumpers? Ill take a bruising big man who can get nasty down low and hit the boards then a 7 footer who floats on the wings and shoots 80% from the free throw line. (And no, Dirk was not drafted to be a center).

782614[/snapback]

782827[/snapback]

Is a big man really supposed to shoot jumpers? Ill take a bruising big man who can get nasty down low and hit the boards then a 7 footer who floats on the wings and shoots 80% from the free throw line. (And no, Dirk was not drafted to be a center).

782830[/snapback]

being able to knock down the jumper from the elbow though would be nice out of a big man, along with knowledge of fundamental defensive principles, something a certain phoenix big has zero knowledge of.

782614[/snapback]

782827[/snapback]

782830[/snapback]

being able to knock down the jumper from the elbow though would be nice out of a big man, along with knowledge of fundamental defensive principles, something a certain phoenix big has zero knowledge of.

782965[/snapback]

'Peans are known for being poor at defense.

The 11 pick is solid. Usually decent role players end up here like Pietrus or Jeffries from past years. The Magic could have a shot at Hakim Warrick who Id like them to take. The kid has such long arms and is athletic and still has more room to develop. Put up solid numbers with Cuse. A lot of drafts have them taking the high school kid who can shoot, Martell Webster.

btw, ignore half the stuff Chad Ford says.

782614[/snapback]

782827[/snapback]

782830[/snapback]

782965[/snapback]

782973[/snapback]

and thats still better than most young american players, especially those that dont go through 3/4 years of college.

782614[/snapback]

782827[/snapback]

782830[/snapback]

782965[/snapback]

782973[/snapback]

and thats still better than most young american players, especially those that dont go through 3/4 years of college.

783098[/snapback]

Really?

I disagree with that statement. Look at the typical European's drafted, especially the young ones and see that not only has their 'fundamental' play not translated wel offensively, but they have been very one-dimensional defensively as well and usually are a liability.

Manu is not a Euro, he is a S. American before you say anything also.

But if you take an overwhelming look at the typical Euro's drafted in the lottery and the American's, I would say the Euro's are was weaker on both ends.

Guest Moneyball

Question to basketball fans. What's the point in the draft lottery? Can't it just be done by record like MLB and the NFL does it?

Question to basketball fans. What's the point in the draft lottery? Can't it just be done by record like MLB and the NFL does it?

783535[/snapback]

It was created in 1985 to fix the draft so the big market Knicks got Patrick Ewing, and has just stuck ever since.

783535[/snapback]

It was created in 1985 to fix the draft so the big market Knicks got Patrick Ewing, and has just stuck ever since.

783606[/snapback]

and to prevent teams from getting a #1 just by tanking it :thumbup