My Quick Review of All Star Baseball 2004

Admin

I picked up a copy of ASB 2004 for my Xbox and have played around with it a bunch. I figured I'd give you all my impressions of it as it may help you make a decision on purchasing it.

Graphics

The graphics for character models are very similar to ASB 2003. Some seem a bit improved but it's not real significant. You can easily identify a player sometimes which is nice.

The stadiums seemed to have gotten an overhaul. They are great. Every detail is there.

Gameplay

Plays very similar to ASB 2003 as well. Same controls from what I've noticed. Loads of new modes such as pickup game which is a fun little addition.

Presentation

The menus have been re-done. Everything has a nice crisp look to it. Very similar to NBA 2k3 and NFL 2k3 in it's Menu presentation.

You have an office and the different options are scattered throughout the office. There's a cool old fashion look to everything as well.

I own ASB 2003, should I buy ASB 2004?

I think so, I did. The rosters are nice and updated, the presentation is approved and the commentary is much improved as well. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with this game.

The number-one-selling baseball franchise is back, bigger and better than ever, and like its spokesperson Derek Jeter, All-Star Baseball 2004 is the game with "all the tools." All-Star Baseball 2004 provides the most realistic simulation experience ever, with easy-to-play functionality and more than 80 new features and improvements over 2002's top baseball title.

• Player rosters: Online, downloadable.

• More than 100 legends baseball: From Major League Baseball and Negro Leagues, including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Ty Cobb, Cal Ripken, and Satchel Paige.

• New game modes: Including Scenario and Pick-up Game, plus a deeper Franchise mode.

• More than 50 playable teams: Plus 75 stadiums, 200 uniforms, and 20 unlockable teams.

• Two-man commentary: In both English and Spanish.

• Multimedia section: With exclusive Derek Jeter and Cal Ripken, Jr. bonus extras.

One thing I hate about the Franchise mode the way you resign free agent with "point system".You can't even cut players with the current system on 2003.Is there any improvement on Free agent system with an actual salry cap?Did they add a draft ?I hate the fact that you don't draft your minor leaguers on 2003.

I think that in high heat you get to draft you minor leagures. You know what would be cool if there was and expansion mode but is like the franchise mode and you get to draft via the rule 5 all your player and sign the rest in FA and draft minor leaguers. And you are the Gm and hire the coaches for every level

• 2 weeks later...

By far World Series 2k is the best baseball game.

asb2004 cant compare, and high heat's minor leaguers are fake ( not realplayers, fictional names)

i picked up a wsb2k3 ad was totally amazed.

i owned asb2003 last year, and played high heat a couple of days ago and WOW!!!!! wsb2k3 blows the rest away. this game is so much better and realsitic.

in my league a.j. burnett is 2-1 with a 2.80 era. brad penny tore is rotatr cuff, and i benched gonzo