Easley's Defense

Jack seems to like Damion and puts him late into games. I love Damion. I think he could start on a less defensively strong club where his occasional errors would not be glorified by the near perfection of the men around him. And I love him as a spot starter and a pinch hitter. But really Jack, why put Damion in late in games when deffense is the most crucial. He had that bobble at 3rd base against the nationals. damion brings a lot to the table offensively (speed, contact, pop).

what do you guys think? is damion's bat worth his defensive holes late in the game where defensive perfection matters most: the infield?

"He had that bobble at 3rd base against the nationals. damion brings a lot to the table offensively (speed, contact, pop)."

The only reason he was put in that game was because they pinch ran for Lowell because he was a big run at the moment. It wasn't for defensive purposes. Also, Easley isn't that bad defensively. I might be mistaken but I remember him being a good fielder in Detroit.

Marlins2003 said it best in his post.

Here it is in 33 words though...

He is the worst secondbasemen among those who have logged as many innings as he has there. And his arm is not too stellar at third. Need I mention shortstop? Great bat though.

Great bat though.

802542[/snapback]

I don't understand. He has had a few big hits, but he is not any sense of the word great. .248 average, .295 obp, .522 slg. Close and late he has a .118 average, .250 obp, .353 slg in 17 ABs, not very clutch. With RISP he has a .267 avg, .327 obp, .500 slg. He's struck our nearly 3 times more than walked, 20 so to 7 bb. Yes he has 7 HRs but 5 were with the bases empty and he has had 113 ABs, and a HR every ~16 ABs is not great. Just because he is doing better than some of our struggling guys doesn't make him great.

Great bat though.

802542[/snapback]

I don't understand. He has had a few big hits, but he is not any sense of the word great. .248 average, .295 obp, .522 slg. Close and late he has a .118 average, .250 obp, .353 slg in 17 ABs, not very clutch. With RISP he has a .267 avg, .327 obp, .500 slg. He's struck our nearly 3 times more than walked, 20 so to 7 bb. Yes he has 7 HRs but 5 were with the bases empty and he has had 113 ABs, and a HR every ~16 ABs is not great. Just because he is doing better than some of our struggling guys doesn't make him great.

802553[/snapback]

great bat off the bench

Great bat though.

802542[/snapback]

802553[/snapback]

great bat off the bench

802579[/snapback]

He's had 5 PH ABs and has 1 hit as a PH this year according to ESPN. Great. :lol For coming in off the bench to spot start here and there he is OKAY. He has had some clutch hits but even a broken watch is right twice a day.

Great bat though.

802542[/snapback]

802553[/snapback]

great bat off the bench

802579[/snapback]

He's had 5 PH ABs and has 1 hit as a PH this year according to ESPN. Great. :lol For coming in off the bench to spot start here and there he is OKAY. He has had some clutch hits but even a broken watch is right twice a day.

802592[/snapback]

Forgetting the 2-out 9th inning HR to tie the game against Wagner? God I hate hitting with RISP as a talent indicator. Maybe compare him to other backup middle IF? I think you'll come to different conclusions.