6/13 - Marlins @ Cubs -- 8:05 PM ET

@.

Willis 10-2, 2.13 ERA Koronka 1-1, 5.73 ERA

Game Time: 8:05 PM ET

TV: Florida: FSN Chicago:Comcast Sports Net

Radio: Florida: WQAM 560 Chicago: WGN 720

Stat of the Day: Dontrelle Willis 0-0, 1.35 ERA vs. CHC in 2004

Marlin Watch: Mike Lowell has hit in nine of his last 10 games: 12 for 35/ .343 / 1 HR / 7 RBI

Scouting Report:

Now that Willis has matched his win total from a year ago, the left-hander tries to keep rolling along against the organization that drafted him. Willis, traded by the Cubs to Florida in 2002, is 0-1 with a 4.40 ERA lifetime against Chicago. Last year, he faced them once, giving up one run in 6 2/3 innings, not factoring into the decision. In 84 2/3 innings, Willis has walked 19 while striking out 66.

The rookie lefty took the loss in his last start against Toronto. He gave up four runs on six hits over six innings in that game, which was his second big league start. Koronka won his Major League debut against the Dodgers on June 1. The Cubs didn't want him to face the defending world champs in his third big league start. He needs a little more experience. Koronka has admitted to a few nerves in his first two games.

Credit: MLB.COM

Yahoo! Sports Game Preview

Dontrelle Willis will try to become the first 11-game winner in the majors and surpass his win total from last season when the Florida Marlins open a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs.

Willis became the first 10-game winner in the majors by allowing four runs and 10 hits over 6 2-3 innings in a 5-4 victory over Seattle on Wednesday. Willis went 10-11 with a 4.02 ERA in 2004 for the Marlins.

Florida manager Jack McKeon said he enjoys sending the energetic 23-year-old left-hander out to the mound.

``When he pitches, he brings a lot of excitement to the team,'' McKeon said. ``He works fast. He has the ability to battle out of jams. He fields well. He's a good hitter. He has a good pickoff move, and he runs the bases well.

``Why is he a 10-game winner? He can do all those things. The guy takes pride in being a polished pitcher and doing all the little things. That's why he's a 10-game winner and others are not.''

Willis will be seeking his first career win against the Cubs, who drafted him in the eighth round in 2000. He is 0-1 with a 4.40 ERA in three career starts against Chicago, although he has no record and a 0.73 ERA in two starts at Wrigley Field.

Florida, which is starting a 12-game road trip, will be hoping for better results than it had the last time it was away from Miami. The Marlins went 1-6 from May 30-June 5 in Pittsburgh and Washington.

The Marlins continued their offensive struggles in a 6-2 loss to Texas on Sunday. They stranded seven runners and have left 138 on base over the last 18 games.

Florida has dropped 13 of 18 overall.

``We're in good shape, this is a long season,'' McKeon insisted. ``August and September is when the cream comes to the top.''

Chicago is coming off just its fourth loss in 16 games, 8-1 to Boston on Sunday. The Cubs managed just five hits and fell to 3-3 on their nine-game homestand.

First baseman Derrek Lee had a pair of hits to continue his amazing production. Lee is hitting .435 (20-for-46) with seven RBIs and nine runs scored over the last 11 games.

Lee, a member of the Marlins' 2003 World Series championship team, hit just .174 (4-for-23) with nine strikeouts in six games against his former club in 2004.

The Cubs are 4-5 against NL East opponents, but have not yet faced the Marlins.

Stat of the Day:

Dontrelle Willis at Wrigley Field (Career):

0.73 ERA, 1R, 1ER, 12K (12.1IP)

Cubs games won't ever air on WSCR...EVER.

720 WGN is their radio station.

807756[/snapback]

Oh, that's right my bad. 670 The Score is like what ever other Chicago sports team air's on. Including the Univeristy of Illinois sports.

Quick question: Who does PBP or color for WQAM? Is it Fat Hank?

I hope I am able to watch the game tonight! :wee

807961[/snapback]

:thumbup

808020[/snapback]

:mischief2

I am free tonight so come on over :lol My aunt wanted to know if you like pizza because we have so much left lol.

808035[/snapback]

okie dokie, i just got to eat dinner then i'll leave you a message before i leave, and i'll definitly have a slice or two

807961[/snapback]

808020[/snapback]

I am free tonight so come on over :lol My aunt wanted to know if you like pizza because we have so much left lol.

808035[/snapback]

okie dokie, i just got to eat dinner then i'll leave you a message before i leave, and i'll definitly have a slice or two

808041[/snapback]

What time do you think you might be over? just so I know :lol

807961[/snapback]

808020[/snapback]

808035[/snapback]

808041[/snapback]

808046[/snapback]

i'll prolly leave here around 7:10 and get to your place around 7:30ish

807961[/snapback]

808020[/snapback]

808035[/snapback]

808041[/snapback]

808046[/snapback]

i'll prolly leave here around 7:10 and get to your place around 7:30ish

808096[/snapback]

Okie Dokie.. See ya soon!