Al Leiter will come around, He'll pitch like Al

TimeWrecker

were going to need him, and he's going to perform. I know that almost NONE of you have any confidence left in ol' Al, but the man is a great pitcher, who just hasn't been himself.

Leiters pitching slump will end just as Mikey and JP hitting slumps are. If we are going to need him to cover for a guy like Beckett, some of you have to have faith in him, he can still pitch, and he will.

Guest Juanky

How did Al come through? The Angels offense didn't come through.

He threw 100 pitches through 5 innings and still couldn't do anything. It's a start, but he definitely did not come through.

He threw 100 pitches through 5 innings and still couldn't do anything. It's a start, but he definitely did not come through.

817469[/snapback]

He's blinded by his hate for Al... 22 got out of every jam, and did more than keep us in the game, as everyone but the poster above has said, Al did his job.

I don't care if he threw 200 through 5 innings, if the oppents score is 0, you can't argue that he did not do his job, you my friend, are dead wrong

817469[/snapback]

As worthless as the normal post on these boards are, I think we hust hit a new low in ignorance.

Guest Juanky

He's blinded by his hate for Al... 22 got out of every jam, and did more than keep us in the game, as everyone but the poster above has said, Al did his job.

I don't care if he threw 200 through 5 innings, if the oppents score is 0, you can't argue that he did not do his job, you my friend, are dead wrongI'm sorry, but allowing 10 people to safely reach base (5 hits, 5 walks) in 6 innings of work while throwing 117 pitches, only 62 strikes, does not make a solid start. Is it technically a quality start? Yes. But there was nothing quality about this start unless it is compared to Al's previous starts. Is it the start of something better? Hopefully.

When the Marlins get 5 hits and 5 walks in 6 innings, but score only 2 runs, it's the offense's fault instead of the pitcher pitching well. However, when our pitcher does that and it's the other offense that fails in those situations, it's our pitcher that did well and not their offense that failed. You can't have it both ways, it's either the pitcher always does well getting out of the jam or the offense always fails. And more often than not in situations where the pitcher is running himself into jams, he has to be bailed out by either his defense or the bats. And Al Leiter had both, despite his not being able to help (who the hell has to teach him to cover first base? This stuff is taught when you're 8).

As worthless as the normal post on these boards are, I think we hust hit a new low in ignorance.Thanks for adding absolutely nothing but a +1 in the post count

Guest Juanky

and you did any different, and hes right you know... a true marlins fan wouldnt say something like that

*jack stares at u*

When you have to resort to the "a true marlins fan" line, you have no argument.

Good day.

I don't think Leiter will ever get out of his pitching slump. I think that everyone of his pitching performances will either be horrible and he'll get destroyed, or he won't allow a lot of runs but will allow a lot of baserunners and just get out of jams every inning.

And thus far it's seemed that way. You don't see Leiter getting a lot of 1-2-3 innings. I think I've seen him have less than 5 quick 1-2-3 innings this whole season. He allows a ton of baserunners in every start, he just keeps them from scoring in some starts, and in other he lets them kill him.

A REAL quality start is when you don't allow the runs OR the baserunners. But Leiter has allowed the baserunners in everyone of his starts this season. I have to watch him pitch in every start and make sure he doesn't f*** up because he always gets me nervous with all the baserunners he allows-lol.

He has yet to pitch a quality start, and I don't think we'll see him pitch a game this season where he'll pitch atleast 5 innings and allow less than 5 baserunners.

he did what he needed to do. He went in for beckett, and kept us in the game, you guys cant complain, as for whats next, lets wait and see...

817655[/snapback]

That's true....I agree. But some out there will continue to complain, bringing up nonsense like sending Al out to pasture, trading or benching Lowell and Pierre, firing McKeon, blaming our offensive inconsistency on the hitting coach. I think many of them think this is a game of MLB2004, and in between jerks in the bathroom with their new found toy come here to post.

.Of course Al has been struggling. As have Lowell, Pierre, and the offense overall. The sane among us know it's better to root for a recovery to previous form. It does no fan good to root for the opposite. If you're negative & right, and the offense continues it's inconsistent ways, and Leiter continues his slump, who wins. You maybe, but the Marlins don't. Keep the team intact. All are proven. The sole exceptions as far as I'm concerned are Mota and Encarnacion, neither of which I have liked from day 1, and neither has any proven record with the Marlins.

he did what he needed to do. He went in for beckett, and kept us in the game, you guys cant complain, as for whats next, lets wait and see...

817655[/snapback]

That's true....I agree. But some out there will continue to complain, bringing up nonsense like sending Al out to pasture, trading or benching Lowell and Pierre, firing McKeon, blaming our offensive inconsistency on the hitting coach. I think many of them think this is a game of MLB2004, and in between jerks in the bathroom with their new found toy come here to post..

.Of course Al has been struggling. As have Lowell, Pierre, and the offense overall. The sane among us know it's better to root for a recovery to previous form. It does no fan good to root for the opposite. If you're negative & right, and the offense continues it's inconsistent ways, and Leiter continues his slump, who wins. You maybe, but the Marlins don't. Keep the team intact. All are proven. The sole exceptions as far as I'm concerned are Mota and Encarnacion, neither of which I have liked from day 1, and neither has any proven record with the Marlins.

817793[/snapback]

:lol

Guest FlummoxedLummox

So the reason why Leiter, Lowell, JP and Bill Robinson get time to work things out (the season is almost half over!!!!!!!!!!), but Mota and Enc should not depends entirely on your personal feelings toward them?

817943[/snapback]

My exact thoughts. He "didn't like them from day one". :lol

Lowell is already comming out, JP is too, encarnassion was only going well for the start, but will sink back to normal now, and Robinson is OK, not the best, but it is our offence that is struggling, not him.. i know hes the hitting coach, but look at Alex, .280, not .230... he's done some work there.

The team just needs to stop being streaky. As for Mota, i also belifve that he can come through, he just hasnt settled in.

from a #5 starter all i would ask of him as a manager is to hold the lead we have or if we are losing to keep us in the game and that is exactly what al did yesterday. i knew that rubbing my lucky al lieter no no ticket stubs would be smart