Amazing video tribute to a fallen Marine

Accord

It didn't make me cry- it made me angry as hell.

Why did America waste the life of a wonderful young man?

To further the ambitions of it's President?

813477[/snapback]

Oh please :rolleyes:

Leave the political bulls*** out of this thread.

813528[/snapback]

Why? Tell me Accord, what about what Phoenix stated is incorrect?

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

813633[/snapback]

Why? Because it's extremely disrespectful and downright ignorant to say that his life was a waste.

This forum may be called the bullpen, but you must realize that not everything has to be twisted into a mindless political debate, especially in a thread of this nature.

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

813633[/snapback]

Why? Because it's extremely disrespectful and downright ignorant to say that his life was a waste.

This forum may be called the bullpen, but you must realize that not everything has to be twisted into a mindless political debate, especially in a thread of this nature.

813683[/snapback]

Where does it say his life was a waste? :blink:

She is asking why did AMERICA, emphasis on AMERICA, waste the life of a WONDERFUL YOUNG MAN.

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

Oh, I forgot- that's right. We did find weapons of mass destruction.

Pardon my (what was it that you referred to?), oh yes, my ignorance.

Let me ask you a question, sir. Are you registered for the draft? Are you ready and willing to die for your country knowing the reasons why we are in Iraq? And please don't give me the crap about defending freedom. America was founded upon the principals of freedom for Americans. Men and women died for America's freedom. Not for the freedom of people in other countries. When did it become popular to stick our guns in someone else's backyard and take matters in to our own hands. I think that's referred to as being a vigilante. Against the law in the United States, yet sanctioned in Iraq.

With liberty and justice for all. Who is all? All Americans? Everyone else in the world?

It's too early on a Saturday morning to rant on any further.

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

Let me ask you a question, sir. Are you registered for the draft? Are you ready and willing to die for your country knowing the reasons why we are in Iraq? And please don't give me the crap about defending freedom. America was founded upon the principals of freedom for Americans. Men and women died for America's freedom. Not for the freedom of people in other countries. When did it become popular to stick our guns in someone else's backyard and take matters in to our own hands. I think that's referred to as being a vigilante. Against the law in the United States, yet sanctioned in Iraq.

With liberty and justice for all. Who is all? All Americans? Everyone else in the world?

815226[/snapback]

Tru that

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

815226[/snapback]

This thread isn't for your political bullsh!t and opinions of the war. Get a damn clue about appropriateness and keep your Michael Moore-type rants to yourself and show respect to those who have given their lives.

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

815226[/snapback]

This thread isn't for your political bullsh!t and opinions of the war. Get a damn clue about appropriateness and keep your Michael Moore-type rants to yourself and show respect to those who have given their lives.

816973[/snapback]

Dood, get off your high horse. Seriously, just because for many of us, the video makes us angrier about this war, doesn't mean that you have the right to complain that Phoenix is making a negative point contrary to the point of the video. Whose it for you to decide what the video means for us? She's respecting the man's life by making a point that the government wasted this great man's life in a war that under the original reasons, is complete and total BS.

And for many, I think what Phoenix says is very correct to them.

813477[/snapback]

813528[/snapback]

815226[/snapback]

816973[/snapback]

Dood, get off your high horse. Seriously, just because for many of us, the video makes us angrier about this war, doesn't mean that you have the right to complain that Phoenix is making a negative point contrary to the point of the video. Whose it for you to decide what the video means for us? She's respecting the man's life by making a point that the government wasted this great man's life in a war that under the original reasons, is complete and total BS.

And for many, I think what Phoenix says is very correct to them.

817076[/snapback]

She's respecting his life by saying the government wasted his life? That's quite the oxymoron you've got there and no, it is NOT respectful nor is it appropriate. Because you don't like the war, automatically means his life has been diminished? Please. Who the F are you and Phoenix to make the decision that his life was a waste? Because it certainly was not.

This thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with politics, but you try and turn his noble death into a political debate showing absolutely no respect to this brave Marine who is a far greater person than you, me, and everyone on these boards. It's things like this which give liberals a bad name, you say that you're against the war but fully support the troops, well let me tell you that saying that this fine Marine's life was a complete waste is most definitely NOT supporting the troops.

It doesn't matter if your agree with the war or not, it doesn't matter if the video makes you angry, it doesn't matter what you think of the president... show some god damn respect or don't post in this thread, it's just that simple.

I'm sorry- I missed the part where you answered my questions.

Let me refresh your memory.

Let me ask you a question, sir. Are you registered for the draft? Are you ready and willing to die for your country knowing the reasons why we are in Iraq?

It doesn't matter if your agree with the war or not, it doesn't matter if the video makes you angry, it doesn't matter what you think of the president... show some god damn respect or don't post in this thread, it's just that simple.

If it doesn't matter if I agree with the war or if the video makes me angry or what I think of the President, then why all the arguing?

I stated an opinion. Just as you did. And I quote: I don't think anyone will be able to watch this without shedding some tears.

I wasn't moved to tears. I didn't condem you because you were or might have been.

You state that this thread isn't about politics. What war isn't??

You state that I show absolutely no respect for this brave Marine who is a far greater person than myself.

I show the ultimate respect by voicing my own opinions, whether my government agrees with them or not.

And as far as being a greater person that I- you don't know me and you didn't know this fallen Marine. You have no idea what I have been through in my life. Dying for your country doesn' automatically elevate you to hero status.

Did Mother Teresa die for her country? No, but I'd bet most people would place her above the Marine on any given day.

I stick by my original comments. If you disagree, then do so in a mature manner. God damn respect is an oxymoron. You mock the Almighty by admitting respect??

If you don't want to be bothered by my comments, I suggest you take advantage of the ignore user feature.

If you need further instructions on how to utilize this feature, any one of the moderators or Admin can assist you.

Have a wonderful day! :thumbup

I guess saying a good man died because of a situation he never should have been put in is "disrespectful" to Accord. And Accord seems to feel Pheonix and Beinfest4Prez said the man's life was a waste when they said his life was wasted as in it should still be going on and he should still be a good man and not used to have been a good man.

I guess saying a good man died because of a situation he never should have been put in is "disrespectful" to Accord. And Accord seems to feel Pheonix and Beinfest4Prez said the man's life was a waste when they said his life was wasted as in it should still be going on and he should still be a good man and not used to have been a good man.

817505[/snapback]

That about sums it up QuickSilver, thank you.