Richmond Virginia

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Does anyone know anything about this city? What's it like there? Distances from other cities in the area...I might be moving there for my new job and was lookin for some dirt.

Wouldn't recommend it. The only east coast city that I think it could top might be Norfolk, and Norfolk atleast has a beach. Central PA, New Brunswick and Annapolis are better towns IMO.

There's supposed to be a happening nightlife, but I wasn't too impressed with the clubs and restaurants.

The Ballpark is on the farthest outskirts of town and said not to be in the best shape. AAA ball :thumbdown Braves affiliate :thumbdown

You will need a car. A very reliable one. The city is huge and the sites spread out.

There's a tribute to the antibellum era everywhere you turn.

Richmond in my opinion needs to be wiped off the map and rebuilt. However, it's got about everything you need as far as working and living. You're an hour and a half from DC, and about an hour from Hampton Roads (where I am). Richmond was once the murder capital of the world in the 90's, and it looks like it would live up to that, however, if you don't mind city living, Richmond should be fine for you. If you do mind city living I recommend Hanover county to the north or Chesterfield to the west.