Ryan Tucker visits Marlins at Angel Stadium

Accord

One of the Marlins' top draft picks was on hand Saturday afternoon at Angel Stadium. Right-hander Ryan Tucker, a product of Temple City High School in California, and his parents were on the field before the game.

The 34th pick in the draft, Tucker was a sandwich pick between the first and second rounds.

Tucker will graduate from high school on June 24. He has already agreed to terms with the Marlins, and expects to sign on June 27 after he completes his physical. Like all the high school picks who sign, Tucker will report to the Gulf Coast League and play at the Roger Dean Stadium complex in Jupiter.

On Saturday, he spoke with McKeon and pitchers Jim Mecir, Josh Beckett and Moehler.

Tucker is accepting a professional contract instead of attending Cal State Fullerton.

"I didn't realize they were even in town until a couple of weeks ago, and then the draft came," Tucker said. "I was drafted by the Marlins and said, 'Wow, I could come to the game.' This is great. I never dreamed this is what it was going to be like, meeting all these people. This is fun."