Yankees scouting the weekend series

Teal Shadow

I don't think the Marlins need to be making any trades. They just need to wake up and play to their potential, which it looks like they are starting to do. Let's keep it up fish!

837526[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. :D Even though I wouldnt mind one more good arm in the bullpen. ;)

Yankees scout Jeff Wetherby attended both games. The Marlins and Yankees reportedly have discussed a deal that would send pitcher A.J. Burnett and Encarnacion to New York. Gary Sheffield was the principal Yankees player mentioned, but Sheffield has warned teams that he will create problems if he is traded, unless his $39-million contract is reworked.

IMO the Marlins are holding out for Gordon to be included in the deal

Palm Beach Post

Yankees scout Jeff Wetherby attended both games. The Marlins and Yankees reportedly have discussed a deal that would send pitcher A.J. Burnett and Encarnacion to New York. Gary Sheffield was the principal Yankees player mentioned, but Sheffield has warned teams that he will create problems if he is traded, unless his $39-million contract is reworked.

Palm Beach Post

837810[/snapback]

I concur. I think it will be AJ and Enc with a prospect for Sheff and Gordon

That would give us a Deep and strong bullpen. We will need to pick up another starter though.

Palm Beach Post

837810[/snapback]

I don't want Sheff back. He is being a baby. He has his mind and heart set on being a Yank.

do not deal JP...would be a huge mistake.

837292[/snapback]

why's that?

837300[/snapback]

did ya notice the fact that the offense has been awaken the last five games or so and it coincidentally happens the same time that JP has begun to hit a little more.

837316[/snapback]

ALL that proves is how necessary a good leadoff hitter is to this team.

Guest Juanky

I had a dream Tom Gordon was pitching for the Marlins, and he sucked balls while he was doing it. Why I remembered it, I don't know.

And yeah, the Juans right now are arguably the hottest hitters on our team along with Luis Castillo. I'd let them stick around, personally.

do not deal JP...would be a huge mistake.

837292[/snapback]

why's that?

837300[/snapback]

did ya notice the fact that the offense has been awaken the last five games or so and it coincidentally happens the same time that JP has begun to hit a little more.

837316[/snapback]

I thought it was because of Bill Robinson's coaching.

I had a dream Tom Gordon was pitching for the Marlins, and he sucked balls while he was doing it. Why I remembered it, I don't know.

And yeah, the Juans right now are arguably the hottest hitters on our team along with Luis Castillo. I'd let them stick around, personally.

838365[/snapback]

Your forgetting Lo Duca and Cabrera. Both have hit over .300 the past 10-11 games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.