We Must Make Our Way To Florida

I have noticed that there are a lot of Marlins' fans spread out across the country. I for one, live in Michigan. Upon graduating college and the end of my military enlistment in 2009, I do plan to move to Florida and get season tickets. I think a lot of us fans that are non Florida residents need to set goals to make our homes in southern Florida sometime within the next few years. People assume that the Marlins have no fans because they don't draw huge crowds, but most of us on here realize that this is untrue.

I'm going to make my way down there eventually and I will be one more filled seat at the games.

God knows what I'll actually do but I'm interested in moving to North Florida. They're good to teachers there. You can't pay me to live in South Florida though.

837461[/snapback]

I'm worried about hurricanes. I was in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba when Ivan came through and we only caught the edge of it. We got lucky. But I can't stand living so far away from my favorite team.

Personally I'm not going to base my decision on where to settle down based on where my favorite sports team plays, but maybe that's just me.

837473[/snapback]

Well Florida is a nice state anyway. It's kind of a win-win situation.

837476[/snapback]

One could easily make the case that Florida's not so great.

Personally I'm not going to base my decision on where to settle down based on where my favorite sports team plays, but maybe that's just me.

837473[/snapback]

837476[/snapback]

837495[/snapback]

To each his own.

I think a lot of us fans that are non Florida residents need to set goals to make our homes in southern Florida sometime within the next few years. People assume that the Marlins have no fans because they don't draw huge crowds, but most of us on here realize that this is untrue.

837454[/snapback]

lol

and the Marlins have fans.... about 4500 legit ones

837473[/snapback]

837476[/snapback]

837495[/snapback]

To each his own.

837497[/snapback]

Personally I think Florida is a great state. I have relatives and friends in Jacksonville and Panama City. I love visiting. :)

I hope we win another WS and attract all kinds of bandwagon fans so I can say I have been a fan since the beginning! That would be sweet. It's like one of those things where people say, "Oh yeah, I liked this band before they were famous." Actually, come to think of it... That annoys me.

I think a lot of us fans that are non Florida residents need to set goals to make our homes in southern Florida sometime within the next few years.? People assume that the Marlins have no fans because they don't draw huge crowds, but most of us on here realize that this is untrue.

837454[/snapback]

lol

and the Marlins have fans.... about 4500 legit ones

837499[/snapback]

That's a very good subject for another thread. I wonder just how many real fans the Marlins have nationwide. I don't know what legit means, but I define a real fan as someone who generally roots for the team over all others, has a pretty good idea where the Marlins stand in the standings, and watches at least 20 games a year...and wouldn't miss a playoff game. I live in South Florida. My guess would be 50-80k down here, and 100-125k nationwide.

Though I wish I could be a season-ticket holder and all, my life has led me to the Charleston, SC area and it looks to be a rather permanent spot. However, I'll be making my first appearance at a Marlins home game since 1993 in September over the Labor Day weekend as I will be in South Florida then.

Florida is horrible ... and why must anyone live in the same place as their ?fave sports team?

im a bit amazed at this thread, but to each his own. Overall the weather is complete crap in here, its too big to live and move around, the people suck, way too humid, its too flat ... I can honestly go on for ages on how much florida sucks but whatever

Florida is horrible ... and why must anyone live in the same place as their ?fave sports team?

im a bit amazed at this thread, but to each his own. Overall the weather is complete crap in here, its too big to live and move around, the people suck, way too humid, its too flat ... I can honestly go on for ages on how much florida sucks but whatever

837912[/snapback]

LOL. Tell us how you really feel. :lol

837912[/snapback]

LOL. Tell us how you really feel. :lol

837913[/snapback]

Thats how he feels.

You can't pay me to live in South Florida though.

837461[/snapback]

I'm with you on that, but sadly I have to live here until I graduate high school. :banghead

I know I'll never come back since I'll never be able to afford a home down here. A couple weeks, a three bedroom house down the street from us went for $500,000. :plain

I have noticed that there are a lot of Marlins' fans spread out across the country.? I for one, live in Michigan.? Upon graduating college and the end of my military enlistment in 2009, I do plan to move to Florida and get season tickets.? I think a lot of us fans that are non Florida residents need to set goals to make our homes in southern Florida sometime within the next few years.? People assume that the Marlins have no fans because they don't draw huge crowds, but most of us on here realize that this is untrue.

I'm going to make my way down there eventually and I will be one more filled seat at the games.

837454[/snapback]

Easier said than done, son.

I'll tell you what would be nice: if all the people that are already here went to games and became fans.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Don't sweat the hurricanes 253, I'm here 38 years and have been very lucky!

But I agree with Catchoftheday - the people DO suck for the most part!

:-)