I can't believe Beltran is starting over Cabrera!

Selig's mess...Ya know, if the game is gonna count towards a team's home field advantage in the World Series, then fan control needs to be relinquished...Let the players decide their post-season fate and pick who should be able to help win the game...otherwise, drop the home field advantage aspect BS of the ASG, then you let the fans vote for a MEANINGLESS game....

I don't think it is Mets fans to 'blame' as much as the casual fan at the ballpark that voted for the guy they had heard of...I don't really see the big deal...it's just a all-star game, and it is still meaningless...the World Series home-field was never based on merit anyway, so it doesn't matter to me that it's being decided in another odd way.

Guest Fritz

Remember when Beltran was good?

I looked like such a genius picking him in the first round of my sole fantasy baseball league last year. Him and Jeff Kent basically carried my team at the end.

Yea, its a shame that Cabs, Jones and Lee didn't get a chance to start..

..but its still awesome that Cabrera is being nationaly recognized by finishing 4th in the OF vote. Definitely a good sign of things to come. He should be a perenial all-star starter for years to come after this season.. just look at Abreu, he wasn't even known last year and now he is a starter.

Miguel Cabrera will be a household name by the 2006 All Star game.