Someone give Sweet Lou his meds

Mets_bs

Casey Fossum won't start Wednesday. After watching his bullpen struggle again tonight, manager Lou Piniella said he plans to use a reliever initially and then bring in Fossum later on.

''I've made up my mind and that's what we're going to do,'' Piniella said. ''People are going to think I'm crazy, but we're just going to try it. Starting tomorrow, I'll bring in whatever reliever I feel like starting the game with, and I'll bring my starter in in the third inning and we'll play nine innings of baseball that way.'' We don't think you're crazy, Lou. You're just a bad manager. Piniella didn't announce who would start in place of Fossum. This latest scheme isn't likely to survive the All-Star break, assuming it even makes it through the night. Jul. 6 - 12:25 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.asp?sport=MLB

Guest Moneyball

Wow. This stragedy is something that has been floating around for awhile.

Presumably a starter is better than a reliever than why not have him pitch the most crucial situations of the game. It would be interesting to see how it works out.

Wow. This stragedy is something that has been floating around for awhile.

Presumably a starter is better than a reliever than why not have him pitch the most crucial situations of the game. It would be interesting to see how it works out.

841881[/snapback]

How crucial are those last 3 innings if you get buried in the first 3?

I wouldnt go that far. He knows unless he resigns that his contract basically forces him to coach it out. Also, Lou is a winner and a proffesional, I would hope he wouldnt do this to these guys. Hes even said his anger is towards the FO, and that he likes the team and loves that they play hard for him.

I mean, like mark and I agree, why wouldnt you try this for one game at this point?