Is the Orange Bowl really that bad?

MikeLowell

Alright, I was just chatting with two of my friends about the OB. One is a FSU fan and the other is a ND fan. My FSU friend was talking about he has gone to a couple of FSU vs UM games at the OB and everytime he was afraid to leave his car. I never went to a UM game when I lived in Miami.. Here is a couple of things they said about UM players/ OB tonight.. Is it really that bad?

I've been to Miami. I've been to the Orange bowl twice. It's the biggest dump I have ever seen in my entire life, surrounded by the ghetto. Peoples cars were being broken into in the parking lots. There are nice parts, just like every city, but the bad outweighs the good.

Blake is right. Mick go to a game at the Orange Bowl and dress in the clothes of the visiting team. I heard you have to watch your back, etc. Basically it's not a pretty site, with gangs, etc all around you. FSU is bad as well. Miami has gotten better since the early 90's. But, they are still the worst team. When they played ND in the early 90s the series was dubbed Catholics vs. Convicts by the ND students. Hell, even ND has had some sh*t happen, nothing as bad as Miami though, or as wierd as FSU (with Sexton thinking he's god haha).

Miami is worse!

The neighborhood can be called a slum but it seems pretty safe. Its not pretty but its safe. Inside the stadium is different. There are many fights in the stands and a lot of drinking goes on. It's a fun place to watch a game but it certainly isn't a family environment.

fun place to watch a game. the place is a dump, but i still love it

from what ive seen, the fighting thing is overblown. fights happen, but ive seen plenty of fans of the opposing team not have problems. like anywhere else, if you act like an a**hole, something bad is gonna happen to you

Compared to other college football venues, it's not very good. And when you talk to a ND fan, expect that, because ND's stadium is known as a very family friendly environment.

But, you know, when you have such a small fanbase and you don't get the state funds of other places (FSU), you gotta play in a stadium like that.

The Orange Bowl is one of the greatest places in all of college football to watch a game. The neighborhood isn't that bad, regardless of how many jail bond offices you see.

I love the Orange Bowl, the history makes it special. Its arguable the toughest place to play for any visiting team in the history of college football. Thats with only 20 years of the great UM teams. That tells you something.

The Orange Bowl is a dump. I can't believe that UM hasn't done something to fix it.

Now, Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, THAT'S a good college football field. It's in a nice neighborhood, and it's so much cleaner. I don't feel like the stands are going to collapse underneath me there.

The area around the OB isnt the best, but by no means is it dangerous. The stadium isnt great, but neither is fenway.

As for the fights, I have seen just as many at dolphin and redsox games.

They obviously are blowing it out of proportion because they are fans of FSU and ND

The Orange Bowl is a dump. I can't believe that UM hasn't done something to fix it.

Now, Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, THAT'S a good college football field. It's in a nice neighborhood, and it's so much cleaner. I don't feel like the stands are going to collapse underneath me there.

845196[/snapback]

Thats because FSU can't win in the Orange Bowl since probation ended for UM. :mischief

845196[/snapback]

Thats because FSU can't win in the Orange Bowl since probation ended for UM. :mischief

845216[/snapback]

FSU cant beat UM at their house either

845196[/snapback]

845216[/snapback]

845219[/snapback]

:mischief

845196[/snapback]

Yeah the Doak is right next to the FSU circus. You go to a game and frecking people walking tight and crap like that. If you want to be a clown FSU is for you. If you want a good education, some place else.

845196[/snapback]

845216[/snapback]

845219[/snapback]

Oh yes, its a beautiful thing. :thumbup

The Orange Bowl is one of the greatest places in all of college football to watch a game. The neighborhood isn't that bad, regardless of how many jail bond offices you see.

I love the Orange Bowl, the history makes it special. Its arguable the toughest place to play for any visiting team in the history of college football. Thats with only 20 years of the great UM teams. That tells you something.

845126[/snapback]

No one has ever listed the Orange Bowl as one of the toughest places to play.

And FSU is toast this year methinks.