the mars volta

catchoftheday

has anyone heard their new record, or simply the band ... if not, then I strongly recommend it. if you are down for some kids on pcp making somethng unclassifiable, than this is your record.

mix of some: jazz, rock, ethnic, metal, flamenco, tango, punk, funk, ... with poetic lyrics sung in spanish and english

not your typical radio friendly band with pop songs about girls of the summer ... they are loud, complex and give you a feeling of being in an apocalyptic opera

I saw them live at the Electric Factory in Philly, last month I think. Truly mind-blowing experience. This band is so talented its filthy - its like AJ's stuff but think musically. They really brought down the house, highly recommended :thumbup

Their earlier stuff is great as well, one of the single most original and weird bands out there. Truly unique :o

I bought their first album "De-Loused In The Comatorium" back when it came out. Very different stuff. Some so-so songs, but some very good. & yes as someone mentioned Flea played a few songs w/ them for the album.

Nope definitely not your average pop band, but that can only be a good thing.

for those of you interested

the mars volta is coming on tour

8/16 in Orlando at the TD Waterhouse Center

8/17 in Miami at the Office Depot Center

ill be in one of those for sure

847600[/snapback]

if the volta isnt enough, they will be opening up for System of a Down

circus music for a night how hot

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.