Disgusting.

I appreciate the positiveness of some, but the fact is, for the guys who say, "this season is a marthon, not a sprint," "it's only one game," etc.- Every day is one day closer to the end of the season, and I haven't seen any sign that the Marlins will break out of their .500-like playing. Plain and simply, an 11-3 win every three days isn't going to get it done. They are underacheiving MAJORLY (IMO), and hopefully they can turn it on after the All-Star Break.

I think we should be sellers right now and fire McKeon, Robinson and hire a young manager. Guys we should trade.

Burnett- will bring in quite a bit in return. I want best talent available for the best SP in the market and likely the best player as well. I don't care if those players are in Low A ball. Im afraid Marlins just want close MLB talent even though it ain't the best packageout there.

Mecir- trade him if we can get anything decent in return

Lowell- trade him for a taco supreme as long as the other team picks up his full contract

Encarnacion- IMO probably the best hitter right now in the Market cause the only other name I hear out there is Preston Wilson.

Jones- can help out alot of teams. He is getting up there in age I say trade him as well maybe as part of a package with Burnett or another player on the list.

Mota- same thing will be a free agent and near the deadline alot of teams will be looking for a power reliever. He has already proved he can't close and we won't give him an another oppurtunity to close either which means he won't resign with us. Trade him

Pierre- although Im a big fan his arm is killing us, and he has no power what so ever. His SB have decline quite abit and he has been caught alot lately stealing. He's not signed long term while Loduca and Castillo are and they don't hit for that much power either. We need a better arm out there in CF and more power as well.

Gonzalez- im pretty sure we can rape the white sox in a trade and im sure they are interested can package him with another player as well

My point is trade any potential free agent we have no interest in resigning.

By trading all these players will get younger, save money and still contend next year. Leiter, Conine, Hampton, Gonzalez, Encarnacion, Pierre, Mota, Pudge, Mecir, Jones, hopefully Lowell if traded, Burnett contracts will be off the payroll. We could likely cut 25-40 mil off the payroll for next season. Although some guys will get raises we can still sign alot of talent. We also have alot of players who are close to MLB ready as well.

What do you guys think?

848874[/snapback]

All though I would hate to see ALL of the players from that list gone next season, I somewhat agree. To me I would like to get rid of AJ,Jones,maybe Mota and Encarnacion. Alot of team need a great starting pitcher (AJ), a consistent closer(Jones), a power/good hitting outfielder (Encarnacion) and relief help (Mota) Seems like we have a lot of what other teams want and could get some good,young,cheap players in return.

I think we should be sellers right now and fire McKeon, Robinson and hire a young manager. Guys we should trade.

Burnett- will bring in quite a bit in return. I want best talent available for the best SP in the market and likely the best player as well. I don't care if those players are in Low A ball. Im afraid Marlins just want close MLB talent even though it ain't the best packageout there.

Mecir- trade him if we can get anything decent in return

Lowell- trade him for a taco supreme as long as the other team picks up his full contract

Encarnacion- IMO probably the best hitter right now in the Market cause the only other name I hear out there is Preston Wilson.

Jones- can help out alot of teams. He is getting up there in age I say trade him as well maybe as part of a package with Burnett or another player on the list.

Mota- same thing will be a free agent and near the deadline alot of teams will be looking for a power reliever. He has already proved he can't close and we won't give him an another oppurtunity to close either which means he won't resign with us. Trade him

Pierre- although Im a big fan his arm is killing us, and he has no power what so ever. His SB have decline quite abit and he has been caught alot lately stealing. He's not signed long term while Loduca and Castillo are and they don't hit for that much power either. We need a better arm out there in CF and more power as well.

Gonzalez- im pretty sure we can rape the white sox in a trade and im sure they are interested can package him with another player as well

My point is trade any potential free agent we have no interest in resigning.

By trading all these players will get younger, save money and still contend next year. Leiter, Conine, Hampton, Gonzalez, Encarnacion, Pierre, Mota, Pudge, Mecir, Jones, hopefully Lowell if traded, Burnett contracts will be off the payroll. We could likely cut 25-40 mil off the payroll for next season. Although some guys will get raises we can still sign alot of talent. We also have alot of players who are close to MLB ready as well.

What do you guys think?

848874[/snapback]

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself.... we aint sellers yet

I love this board

848839[/snapback]

There another one of those infamous comments from Maverick that doesn't give any explanation...........

848845[/snapback]

it shouldnt need one...

but you're semi new so here it is

when we win, life is good, everyone is a future HOFer, and we have the title in our grasp

when we lose, all hell breaks loose, everyone is a AAAA player, and we are staring worst team of all time in the face

848846[/snapback]

And again.No one says anything in reference to the ferocious negative remarks until I post, then Maverick comes in and posts in reply to my post.I fully know what he means. Eff this board is right.I am f*cking tired of being targeted on here for no reason :mad

848858[/snapback]

Usually your the king of negativity.....Ramp's right...you people all act like your 12 years old.....the season isn't over.....there's 162 games in a season...I'd love to hear u guys during football season....then you slightly have more of a case of being so radical after one game.

848866[/snapback]

And you're the king of "I know it all".You snub your nose at people like me who are just being honest with their emotions.The reason you've seen negative posts from me is because the Marlins have given me reasons to post what I've posted. And again,I have NOT been the only nor am I the KING of such posts as you so snobberishly have appointed me such a title ..so why don't you crawl back into your home :toilet

I hated when we point our struggles towards to Mike Lowell, Juan Pierre(although he is cominng around), and Al Leiter and soem of you say don't worry they will come around lets stop being negative. Well its been 3 months already? what makes you think they are going to later? we are a small market team we can't make those gambles. Im aware we are only a couple of game sout of the Wild care and Division but these Marlins don't do anything to Merit a trade for improvement. There to streaky. Delgado, Beckett, Willis, Cabrera, Loduca, will all be back nexy year and they are our best players righ now. Only big losS will be Burnett and we can get quite alot for himif we trade him.

Hermida, Aguila, Dillion, Olsen, Williangham, Vargas??, Messenger, Resop all make the minimum and will eiether be back as well or will be ready to help us out hext year.

I hated when we point our struggles towards to Mike Lowell, Juan Pierre(although he is cominng around), and Al Leiter and soem of you say don't worry they will come around lets stop being negative. Well its been 3 months already? what makes you think they are going to later? we are a small market team we can't make those gambles. Im aware we are only a couple of game sout of the Wild care and Division but these Marlins don't do anything to Merit a trade for improvement. There to streaky. Delgado, Beckett, Willis, Cabrera, Loduca, will all be back nexy year and they are our best players righ now. Only big losS will be Burnett and we can get quite alot for himif we trade him.

Hermida, Aguila, Dillion, Olsen, Williangham, Vargas??, Messenger, Resop all make the minimum and will eiether be back as well or will be ready to help us out hext year.

848893[/snapback]

These guys need to play ALOT more. Obviously Hermida and Vargas aren't ready yet, but I would like to see Aguila and Dillion get more p.t. The guys right now aren't getting the job done.

Let's see if these guys can get it going right after the ASB. If they continue to flounder for another 2 weeks, then I can see us turning into sellers.

I would hope we'd see a move over the ASB, but given Beinfest's track record of waiting it out I'm not really expecting much.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

And what happens if we come out of the gates after the ASB, and rattle off 6 wins in a row? What then? Then this will be the best team to ever don a uniform and no one will remember anything they said today or yesterday, because they're too caught up in the elation of winning. This board needs to find an even keel. It oscillates so much from one extreme to the other; this site is either "pit of despair", or "glory glory hallelujah".

It's hard sometimes in this day and age of immediate satisfaction, where if we're hungry we can eat fast food, or if we want to speak to someone we can use a cell phone. Baseball is not football; it's not a visceral sport of adrenaline and excitment. It's slow paced and the excitement builds through the drama that comes from watching the entire strtegy-filled nine innings. In the same way, the season's excitement builds as the drama ebbs and flows over the course 162 games. Baseball is not a game of instant gratification, you cannot know now what will be tomorrow. It's a game of long run statistics, where you need to be patient. Every game cannot be the "be all" or "end all" of existence. Is this team underperforming? Yes. Can this team win with its current components? I think so. Will it play better with some roster tweaking? Probably.

Part of being a baseball fan is sitting back and watching as the drama unfolds. What makes the 9th inning come from behind victory so exciting is watching the first 8 innings, because no matter what happens, you have those three outs waiting for you at the end. To truly savor that victory, you had to have watched the whole game and experienced what had previously led up to it. It's the same way with a season. It's a long season. Be patient, sit back, take your lumps when you get them (and you will get them - every teams does), enjoy your wins when you get those (but not too much), because all of it adds to the drama at the end.

And what happens if we come out of the gates after the ASB, and rattle off 6 wins in a row? What then? Then this will be the best team to ever don a uniform and no one will remember anything they said today or yesterday, because they're too caught up in the elation of winning. This board needs to find an even keel. It oscillates so much from one extreme to the other; this site is either "pit of despair", or "glory glory hallelujah".

It's hard sometimes in this day and age of immediate satisfaction, where if we're hungry we can eat fast food, or if we want to speak to someone we can use a cell phone. Baseball is not football; it's not a visceral sport of adrenaline and excitment. It's slow paced and the excitement builds through the drama that comes from watching the entire strtegy-filled nine innings. In the same way, the season's excitement builds as the drama ebbs and flows over the course 162 games. Baseball is not a game of instant gratification, you cannot know now what will be tomorrow. It's a game of long run statistics, where you need to be patient. Every game cannot be the "be all" or "end all" of existence. Is this team underperforming? Yes. Can this team win with its current components? I think so. Will it play better with some roster tweaking? Probably.

Part of being a baseball fan is sitting back and watching as the drama unfolds. What makes the 9th inning come from behind victory so exciting is watching the first 8 innings, because no matter what happens, you have those three outs waiting for you at the end. To truly savor that victory, you had to have watched the whole game and experienced what had previously led up to it. It's the same way with a season. It's a long season. Be patient, sit back, take your lumps when you get them (and you will get them - every teams does), enjoy your wins when you get those (but not too much), because all of it adds to the drama at the end.

If they turn it around I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and you can hold me to it.

I love this board

848839[/snapback]

There another one of those infamous comments from Maverick that doesn't give any explanation...........

848845[/snapback]

it shouldnt need one...

but you're semi new so here it is

when we win, life is good, everyone is a future HOFer, and we have the title in our grasp

when we lose, all hell breaks loose, everyone is a AAAA player, and we are staring worst team of all time in the face

848846[/snapback]

:notworthy

the marlins forum is utter crap after each game

848968[/snapback]

First of all lets not forget we all want the Marlins to win and are only giving suggestions/opinions that we think will make this team better. I understand baseball is a more "slower" sport and unlike college football where if you loose a game or two the season is completely over. However as I have said in many earlier posts, as much as I would love to see the Marlins play better, there isn't any real reason why there is a great chance this is gonna happen. I will post this question again as my answer/opinion to why I doubt (unfortunately) the Marlins will make the post season. IF THE MARLIN'S OFFENSE COULDN'T SCORE CONSISTENTLY LAST SEASON, AND CAN'T SCORE CONSISTENTLY THIS SEASON, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS WILL ALL CHANGE WITH HOW THE TEAM IS NOW???!!

bottom line...I dont care who or what it is...SOMETHING needs to be done...ASAP...to light a fire under these TALENTED players...

BUT I have faith in Beinfest, as frustrated as I am...Admin Boy is always hungry for success...it is way too obvious that changes need to be done...and believe me, something will be done...when? I dont know, just be prepared, because everyday we inch closer...

he does it every year....2003: new manager and some big deals to help down the stretch...2004: "The Trade" an excellent move that just failed to come together but still regarded as an excellent blockbuster move...2005: ???

...i cant wait...

848968[/snapback]

Great post. Here's something to illustrate the point. I was up in New England last summer as well and around this time last season everyone was like, what the hell is up with the Sox? They hovered close to .500, were inconsistent to a fault, people even wanted to get rid of Francona. Of course we all know what happened in the second half. Now, it may or may not take a big move (like trading Nomar last season for not very much...I guess Lowell would be this year's equivalent) but I'm just saying that good teams can look listless in the first half and put it together late. We're not in such a bad position we have to start trading everyone and calling up the entire Mudcats roster to finish the season.

good point with the Sox...but they did get rid of Nomar and add in Orlando Cabrera...meaning they did SOMETHING...the Marlins FO needs to SOMETHING more than bringing up minor leaguers...and they need to do it soon...

849186[/snapback]

Yeah, I mentioned trading Nomar and said that trading Lowell would probably be the equivalent, in that people didn't think the Sox got "even value" on that trade and any Lowell trade would likely be similar in that respect.

848968[/snapback]

It doesn't even take a streak. One win, one loss and the place overreacts.

You had a question?

849391[/snapback]

UHHHH.. I guess posting this question 3 times, bolding it, and underlining it, isn't enough...lol... for the 4th time, IF THE MARLIN'S OFFENSE COULDN'T SCORE CONSISTENTLY LAST SEASON, AND CAN'T SCORE CONSISTENTLY THIS SEASON, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THIS WILL ALL CHANGE WITH HOW THE TEAM IS NOW???!!

if we win 15-0 against the cubs today that will top off my fruystration. whoops al leiter is starting so if we win 15 -9. i ll be even more angry

849361[/snapback]

If we kill the Cubs today i will still be angry cause its already to late to do that s*** we lost game 1 and 2 already. Even if we win the Nationals will probably also win.