Disgusting.

Brandman316

Because they didn't score consistently in 2003 and won? Because we're homers? Because so many players are underperforming and will likely do better over the second half? I don't believe all of these, but yeah, thee's your answer

849417[/snapback]

All that waitiing for that kind of anwser :thumbdown ..... Please don't tell me you actually think years like 2003 are easy to find. The Marlin's offense in 2003 didn't score alot but ALWAYS got that big hit to win the games. And who is underperforming???? Lowell, yes, Pierre, sure, but who else??! Castillo, Cabrera, Delgado, LoDuca are having normal years for them, maybe better. Alex and Encarnacion are playing better than they normally do. Willis in on fire, Olsen has been great, and AJ and Josh are playing good, and Moe has been a nice surprise. I don't want to say the Marlins are at their ceiling, but how much better can players other than Lowell and Pierre do?? Even in these last 6 games Lowell & Pierre have been hitting well yet it hasn't meant wins. I just don't see how some of you guys expect this team to all of the sudden get on this great run when history of the past season and a half have shown its not gonna happen. This team needs to make a move NOW. Robinson has to go.

Because they didn't score consistently in 2003 and won? Because we're homers? Because so many players are underperforming and will likely do better over the second half? I don't believe all of these, but yeah, thee's your answer

849417[/snapback]

All that waitiing for that kind of anwser :thumbdown ..... Please don't tell me you actually think years like 2003 are easy to find. The Marlin's offense in 2003 didn't score alot but ALWAYS got that big hit to win the games. And who is underperforming???? Lowell, yes, Pierre, sure, but who else??! Castillo, Cabrera, Delgado, LoDuca are having normal years for them, maybe better. Alex and Encarnacion are playing better than they normally do. Willis in on fire, Olsen has been great, and AJ and Josh are playing good, and Moe has been a nice surprise. I don't want to say the Marlins are at their ceiling, but how much better can players other than Lowell and Pierre do?? Even in these last 6 games Lowell & Pierre have been hitting well yet it hasn't meant wins. I just don't see how some of you guys expect this team to all of the sudden get on this great run when history of the past season and a half have shown its not gonna happen. This team needs to make a move NOW. Robinson has to go.

849455[/snapback]

i agree....other than Lowell, every hitter on the team is either at their career average, and some players are hitting as good as they have hit in their career. Pierre has been fine lately...hitting .298 with 12 steals and 27 runs scored in the last month. But we're still losing, and losing badly. I can't believe anyone can watch this team and feel good about what's going on here, or what our future holds.

and you know what kills me the most? teams like the braves who lose so many players to injury and go on winning streaks. we have 100 excuses why our team is not winning, but the braves have had 10 times as many bad breaks. people look at that and say "it's Bobby Cox" and I agree, but shouldn't it work the other way too? this team's has struggeld to score runs on a consistent basis for for two years now...who's responsible for that???

849417[/snapback]

849455[/snapback]

i agree....other than Lowell, every hitter on the team is either at their career average, and some players are hitting as good as they have hit in their career. Pierre has been fine lately...hitting .298 with 12 steals and 27 runs scored in the last month. But we're still losing, and losing badly. I can't believe anyone can watch this team and feel good about what's going on here, or what our future holds.

and you know what kills me the most? teams like the braves who lose so many players to injury and go on winning streaks. we have 100 excuses why our team is not winning, but the braves have had 10 times as many bad breaks. people look at that and say "it's Bobby Cox" and I agree, but shouldn't it work the other way too? this team's has struggeld to score runs on a consistent basis for for two years now...who's responsible for that???

849653[/snapback]

In the past I believe alot of you could not comprehend or fathom the possibility of one person making a difference on a team's success or lack thereof. Well,guess what. Forgot Pierre or Leiter's short comings thus far.It comes down to one player.

Lowell.It ends there.

Do you recall when we desperately tried to get that wild card spot last season (forget the hurricane interruption withstanding) and just how many games Lowell single handedly cost us in crucial games? He was the sole cause of our failure after the ASB 2004.

And he is the sole cause of our failures in the pre- ASB 2005.

849790[/snapback]

I love Lowell bashing as much as the next guy but he wasnt that bad in the 2nd half of 2004, .277/.341/.423/.764

while those numbers arent like what he did in the first half of 2004, they were not the reason why we lost the wild card

First of all, to WhoShaq, the reason why you get bombarded with replies to your posts about how horrible you are is because you really dont give any solid explanations for what you are saying. Our posts were different. You said the Marlins should be sellers. I dont think they should COMPLETELY be sellers, however I wouldn't mind "selling" AJ or Juan or both for players who could help us this year. Wanted to say that in the other thread, but it was locked, I Wonder why..lol.

Im not sure I like the "Mike Lowell is the only reason why we are loosing idea." The guy is struggling, yes, but I find it hard to believe that 1 player is causing a 25-man roster to struggle. But it is a possibility. One idea of WhoShaq I did like was dealing with the Reds. Im not sure what they want, but I think you could name them as sellers. Strikeouts are a problem for Dunn, yes, but he would help the team ALOT. Getting Pena,Dunn,maybe Griffey ( I doubt it) would help the team. Maybe they would want Pierre or even Lowell?? They probably wouldn't want AJ or Juan since they are free agents next year. The fact THIS IS NOT 2003. Stop with the comparisons, the alike records, and what not. Those years come by once in a lifetime and we already had ours. Its time to make a move that will help the team now, but also give us a nice future. I blame ESPN and some other Sports shows for this whole idea you are either BUYERS or SELLERS and nothing in between. The Marlins don't need to be complete BUYERS to get to the post season and don't need to be complete SELLERS to make sure the future of the team is fine.

>>Sellers? Yeah,well....just ridding of AJ is a monumental "sell". Releasing an $8 million dollar pitcher is a major sell-type move...even though we have to eat his salary>>

I was referring to Leiter here of course. If we lose AJ, that's a major sell.If we release Leiter, that's a major sell. We might lose 4 or 5 players by the time August begins or we may not. I am not Beinfest or Mr.Loria. I know one thing. Loria is VERY angry right now...you can see it on his face when the camera gets a shot of him and he will make sure something is done..that much we can bank on.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Baseball Einstein??? Despite all your protestations that you're actually intelligent, nearly all of your posts have contradicted this. Can I introduce you to punctuation? It's your friend. All of your posts are so disorganized, that's it's actually painful trying to decipher what you're saying. Instead of rambling on ad nauseum, try collecting your thoughts and presenting them in an organized manner. Take the same amount of time that you use to spew out your drivel, but write half the amount and use the rest of the time to proofread. Maybe then your nonsense would be understandable. I guarantee that no one has ever had one thought in which both you and Einstein appeared.

EDIT: At least you had sense enough to delete the post that brought on this response.

Baseball Einstein??? Despite all your protestations that you're actually intelligent, nearly all of your posts have contradicted this. Can I introduce you to punctuation? It's your friend. All of your posts are so disorganized, that's it's actually painful trying to decipher what you're saying. Instead of rambling on ad nauseum, try collecting your thoughts and presenting them in an organized manner. Take the same amount of time that you use to spew out your drivel, but write half the amount and use the rest of the time to proofread. Maybe then your nonsense would be understandable. I guarantee that no one has ever had one thought in which both you and Einstein appeared.

EDIT: At least you had sense enough to delete the post that brought on this response.

850014[/snapback]

Was this directed at me??

Guest FlummoxedLummox

850014[/snapback]

850025[/snapback]

No. WhoShaq called himself a Baseball Einstein, but then deleted the post. Here's the part I was referencing, I had it saved in my clipboard:

"I mean, I am getting an opposite impression that I thought I was giving.I would think most people's perception of me on this forum would be that I am some kind of baseball Einstein. READ my posts in the past.They are long and very intelligent posts."

850014[/snapback]

850025[/snapback]

No. WhoShaq called himself a Baseball Einstein, but then deleted the post. Here's the part I was referencing, I had it saved in my clipboard:

"I mean, I am getting an opposite impression that I thought I was giving.I would think most people's perception of me on this forum would be that I am some kind of baseball Einstein. READ my posts in the past.They are long and very intelligent posts."

850048[/snapback]

Whoshaq was being sarcastic. .. folks were a bit tough on the guy methinx

850014[/snapback]

850025[/snapback]

850048[/snapback]

850063[/snapback]

I agree a lot of people jump on this guy...Must be all this loosing going on with the Fish

850014[/snapback]

850025[/snapback]

850048[/snapback]

850063[/snapback]

I agree a lot of people jump on this guy...Must be all this loosing going on with the Fish

850066[/snapback]

he did every atempt to make apologie here but i be one to admit that he would take a step backwords by sticking a foot in his own mouth...but methinx things might be dfferents if he didn't take the fish team so seriosly...its meant to be a fun game not takin in so seriosly methinx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.