Worst Place you have ever lived in ?

OK, so in response to the first post...I'm not going to defend Gainesville nail and tooth because I myself am waiting to move away...I've been here too long.

Yes, the traffic is horrible. There are just too many people because of the huge population of UF students and the many wannabe UF students that move to Gainesville and go to Santa Fe CC. The traffic is really bad all day, I'm not going to deny that. And with that comes the fact that a lot of the roads aren't equipped for heavy traffic, they were constructed before the rush.

Bums everywhere? Apparently you've never looked around any city's downtown area. There are always gonna be bums. Go to DC or Jacksonville even.

Rednecks...just a stereotype of the area.

Wannabe gangstas? You're talking about Gainesville, not the whole South Florida area.

But yeah, I will enjoy being away from G'Ville for a while after graduation.

And Starke sucks.

Guest markotsay7

I have no problem with Gainesville. The roads are bad and the driving sucks but other than that I disagree with everything else.

OK, so in response to the first post...I'm not going to defend Gainesville nail and tooth because I myself am waiting to move away...I've been here too long.

Yes, the traffic is horrible. There are just too many people because of the huge population of UF students and the many wannabe UF students that move to Gainesville and go to Santa Fe CC. The traffic is really bad all day, I'm not going to deny that. And with that comes the fact that a lot of the roads aren't equipped for heavy traffic, they were constructed before the rush.

Bums everywhere? Apparently you've never looked around any city's downtown area. There are always gonna be bums. Go to DC or Jacksonville even.

Rednecks...just a stereotype of the area.

Wannabe gangstas? You're talking about Gainesville, not the whole South Florida area.

But yeah, I will enjoy being away from G'Ville for a while after graduation.

And Starke sucks.

856176[/snapback]

Several things the weather issue you havent addressed I am not sure where you have lived but the weather is borderline depressing , and you have to admit since May it has rained EVERY FREAKING DAY!!! As to Bums it is more pronounced in Gainesville everyday when you drive by University Avenue there are bums everywhere even at night there is one panhandler still on the streets The My Wife is ILL guy seriously he stands there all day and night , there are hookers down SW 16th ave at night , the rude rednceks are in abundance maybe that is more of an issue i have to deal with because I live in NW g'ville not sure where you are but if you are by the campus obviously the population is different. AS to the gangsta's I'll grant you that is a problem everywhere in Florida. Basically Gainesville sucks it has all the problems of bigger cities without any of the attractions and convience. It is a dreary place even at Christmas no decorations no nothing , only city I have lived in that had virtually nothing . Just a depressing place to be and I cant wait to leave !! Starke was a joke but never has a cities name been more accurately named for the city

Auburn a bad place? I visit a bunch of my friends in Auburn frequently, and I love it. A GREAT college town.

856479[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong. Auburn is a great college town.

It's just the places I lived while in college were the worst of all the places I have lived.....small apartments, run down trailers, etc.