How?

AJBurnett34

Sindy- the difference is you are still a fan...you didn"]

mother of god.....

thats a lot of students.

Yeah, our high school was one of the largest, population wise, in the U.S.

(At least, that's what they told us)

Mine had about 500.....

Where I did my undergrad work didnt even have that many students.....

Thats just overcrowding at its best....

How many people were in yall's classes? 80?

Our graduating class had over 1,000 by itself :D

However, most classes were around 40-50 students, since I was in Gifted it was somewhat less though.

The only class that was really packed was in 11th grade, American History, 200+ students in an auditorium.

Info on G. Holmes Braddock Senior High School. Yeah, our high school is one of the reasons that overcrowding became such a huge issue down here...Also, Max was in a class his Junior Year (american history) which was held in the school's auditorium and had more that 120 students in the class....Go figure...

Population in 1999-2000 (my senior year) was at about 5,880

Population in 2001-02 was at about 4,858 and that's with students leaving to a new high school.

The average school size ranges from a low of 402.7 pupils (Puerto Rico Department of Education) to a high of 1,277.9 (Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, Texas) for these districts. The largest school in these districts, and also the largest school in the United States, is the 5,380-student G. Holmes Braddock Senior High School in Dade County School District, Florida

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2001/100_largest/btables.asp

Official School Link

JEFFREY A. MILLER

Jeffrey A. Miller is the Legislative Chairperson of the Dade Association of School Administrators and the Principal of G. Holmes Braddock Senior High School in Miami. Housing over 5,200 students, it is one of the largest schools in the United States. The school was recently recognized as one of the safest schools in the Nation in the first Annual Report on School Safety conducted by the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice. He has been employed by the Dade County Public School System for the past 29 years and has been a high school math teacher, baseball coach, middle and senior high school assistant principal, and a middle, junior high, and senior high school principal. In 1989, as the Principal of W.R. Thomas Junior High School, Mr. Miller accepted the National Drug-Free Schools Recognition Award during a White House ceremony. That year he was named as "one of the twenty American heroes on the true front lines of the Nation's drug war" by former "drug czar" William Bennett. His school received the Florida Commissioner of Education's "Award for Excellence" during 2 consecutive years. In 1990, Mr. Miller was appointed as Resident Principal with the Florida Department of Education where he served as the Director of the Prevention Center for 3 years. During that time, he directed Florida's Drug-Free Schools program, the Comprehensive Health Services program, including human sexuality and HIV education, the Smoke-Free Class of 2000, SERVE America, Student Services, Traffic and Seatbelt Safety, Inner-City initiatives, Community Outreach, and Dropout Prevention programs. In 1992-1993, Mr. Miller coordinated Florida's Violence Prevention and School Safety Plan. Mr. Miller is a former President of the Florida Association of Secondary School Principals (1992) and the Florida Association of School Administrators (1998), and a former Chairman of the Board of Youth Crime Watch of America (1996). He has served as a consultant with the Florida Department of Education, and has presented on numerous occasions to local school boards, district and school administrators, teachers, and law enforcement officials on the issues related to school safety and violence prevention. Mr. Miller received the Citizens' Crime Watch of Dade County "Outstanding Principal" award in 1995 and the Miami-Dade County Public Schools Region V "Principal of the Year" award in 1998. He was an invited participant in President Clinton's White House Leadership Conference in March 1996 and again in October 1998.

http://ojjdp.ncjrs.org/hlights/jjconferenc.../confbios2.html

We are known in Tampa too

My smallest class was my AP Spanish class with over 40 students...Mind you smallest...(keyword)

Largest would have had to be my Biology/Chemistry/Physics (Gifted Honors) with about 50...

Yeah, and that's because we were in the "Gifted" program which was designed to have smaller classes....uh huh, sure..

About how it was handled, well securities every where ...ten million APs, and just a very well organized system and I believe that teacher in the auditorium had assistants...but that wouldn't stop those cheaters...

Like one of the articles I posted...we were ranked one of the safest schools in the U.S.

Go figure.

• 16 years later...