Sick and tired

Admin

Of everyone wanting to trade Lowell. He has one bad half season and you are all in the "trade him" bandwagon. Everyone that favors a deal that sends Lowell away should be ashamed. He is this orginization, the new Mr. Marlin. You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him? Doubtful. And to everyone that says "well we got Cabrera who can take his place", well that significantly worsens the defense at 3B and the outfield, Cabrera is better suited to be an outfielder with his + arm. How many of you that favor getting rid of Lowell were ecstatic when you learned the team had re-structured his contract before the season? Oh yea thats right, all of you. How many of you advocated trading him before we even made it to this past May(not seeing if he would break out of his slump), oh yes ALL OF YOU. You too one look at that batting average and decided the #2 defensive 3B in MLB behind Rolen wasnt important and we would be lucky to get a bag of batting practice balls and some pine tar for him. You all make me sick, that you would turn your back on one of the great players this franchise has seen. If you hadn't noticed he has been slowly bringing that average back up, and the power #'s will come as well. He still is hitting those hard line drives like its no ones business. I bet if he pulled a string of 10 games where he hit 6 or 7 HR and 15-20 RBI you all would flip-flop again. All of you who want to get rid of Lowell are not true fans and you have moronically given up on a player for a half bad season. Once again, shame on you.

Of everyone wanting to trade Lowell. He has one bad half season and you are all in the "trade him" bandwagon. Everyone that favors a deal that sends Lowell away should be ashamed. He is this orginization, the new Mr. Marlin. You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him? Doubtful. And to everyone that says "well we got Cabrera who can take his place", well that significantly worsens the defense at 3B and the outfield, Cabrera is better suited to be an outfielder with his + arm. How many of you that favor getting rid of Lowell were ecstatic when you learned the team had re-structured his contract before the season? Oh yea thats right, all of you. How many of you advocated trading him before we even made it to this past May(not seeing if he would break out of his slump), oh yes ALL OF YOU. You too one look at that batting average and decided the #2 defensive 3B in MLB behind Rolen wasnt important and we would be lucky to get a bag of batting practice balls and some pine tar for him. You all make me sick, that you would turn your back on one of the great players this franchise has seen. If you hadn't noticed he has been slowly bringing that average back up, and the power #'s will come as well. He still is hitting those hard line drives like its no ones business. I bet if he pulled a string of 10 games where he hit 6 or 7 HR and 15-20 RBI you all would flip-flop again. All of you who want to get rid of Lowell are not true fans and you have moronically given up on a player for a half bad season. Once again, shame on you.

858190[/snapback]

HotRod, I understand where you are coming from but let's not confuse a multimillion dollar player playing in a billion dollar game with our own family members. Carl Pavano felt he owed something to the Marlins but he also had to do what was best for him.

Nothing is owed to Mike Lowell except his money. If fans wish to root for him and wish him well that is great...I sure will. But this notion that because he played for us in 2003 and because he signed a long term deal he is owed a gauranteed spot on this team is just wrong in my opinion.

Too many on these boards are in eternal trade mode due to overexposure to video games. Also, many do not appreciate rooting for all the players on your team, even those with warts. My baseball experience goes back to the miracle 1969 Mets. That team had a few marginal players. I suspect that this board would have been calling for trading half that team. It is more fun in the end when the team you root for wins, and those struggling players overcome their faults.

da boy todd does have a point we have never xpiernced this with"HULK Lowell" but he is lookin better....... and im expecting a big 2nd half from our boy lowell.......

LB isn't gonna traade him, do have any idea how f***ing hard it is to find a 3rd basemen that can actually produce power numbers in the majors?

and we got blessed with an all star every player go's throgh an off year or a slump...... miguel tejeda hits 267 in 01 and than the next year 308 and a MVP award......

being patiet is key.....HULK will get on track

u know wwhat this subject is the converstaions i use to have the old schoolers on this board back in 03......

im really done with it,

FACT is in 2 games we have allowed 20 runs "da ? is, is our pitching gonna hold up?"

Fact is we have scored 16 runs in 2 games..... so w ehave finally waken up in the hitting department...... we need pen help...... and that is a major issue......

im a bit worried the way we are pitching .....

Mike Lowell is my favorite marlins player even though hes in this huge slump...either way hes still the captain of the marlins and to me is one of the players that shows the most heart... as soon as mike breaks out of this slump every1 is gonna love him again n everything will be back to usual..

SO GO MIKEY! :thumbup

Guest markotsay7

You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him?

858190[/snapback]

We did win it without him. He was out for a pivotal month in the pennant chase in 2003, and for part of the playoffs. We won the division series without him.

You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him??

858190[/snapback]

We did win it without him. He was out for a pivotal month in the pennant chase in 2003, and for part of the playoffs. We won the division series without him.

858270[/snapback]

STFU! he was the best player we had pretty much all year! he was hitting 300 wit 30 homers and 100 rbis n there still was a month left! without him we wouldnt have made it to the playoffs!

Guest markotsay7

You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him?

858190[/snapback]

858270[/snapback]

STFU! he was the best player we had pretty much all year! he was hitting 300 wit 30 homers and 100 rbis n there still was a month left! without him we wouldnt have made it to the playoffs!

858271[/snapback]

Please don't tell me to "STFU" when I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion. I love Mike as much as the next guy but baseball on a winning team cannot be played as a game of allegiances.

Guest FishFanInPA

You really think we would have that 2nd WS trophy without him??

858190[/snapback]

858270[/snapback]

858271[/snapback]

Please don't tell me to "STFU" when I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion. I love Mike as much as the next guy but baseball on a winning team cannot be played as a game of allegiances.

858274[/snapback]

I'm sorry but Mike's dead weight this year.....Gotta put all that aside and do what you gotta do for the Marlins to win....

u? know wwhat? this? subject? is? the? converstaions? i use? to? have? the old? schoolers? on this board? back in 03......

im really done? with it,

FACT is? in 2? games? we have? allowed? 20 runs? "da ? is,? is? our? pitching gonna? hold? up?"

Fact? is? we have? scored 16? runs? in 2? games.....? so? w ehave finally waken? up? in? the hitting department......? we need? pen? help......? and? that is a? major? issue......

im? a? bit? worried? the way? we? are? pitching .....

858255[/snapback]

The Phillie ballpark has a lot to do with that. 2 games in that park is not cause to worry. Our starting pitching is fine, as long as Beckett can stay healthy, and AJ stays on team. We could use another arm in the pen.

This team is better with Lowell than without, I dont think we have a chance in the east or the wildcard if we let him go. It's bad Karma.

858284[/snapback]

how is bad karma?

addition by subtraction?

858286[/snapback]

Exactly, I don't see the Mike Lowell Curse haunting us anytime soon.

It is bad karma, espicially when "fans" such as yourself give up on him so easily. So tell me: when you heard the restructured his contract so would stay, how happy were you? You all are flip floppers, and if he comes back and is his old self, you will all start condemning all the OTHERS who said to trade him.

This team is better with Lowell than without, I dont think we have a chance in the east or the wildcard if we let him go. It's bad Karma.

858284[/snapback]

I don't know about bad karma, but take Lowell out of the infield and our defense suffers. Just look at what Delgado has cost us defensively at first. Half the game is spent on defense. With all the Lowell trade blather, there has been no really better option presented. Cabs is a great hitter, but we're dead fish on the dock with Cabs and Delgado as our corner infielders.

I was glad when we decided to restructure his contract then because few people expected him to play as badly as he has so far. I expected a good 1st half and a weak 2nd half from him, but not a yearlong slump dating back to last season. If he comes back to his old self, which I doubt considering his performance suffers in the 2nd half, I'll eat crow. But you have to realize that if we lose Lowell's contract and get some good prospects in return (if he's included in a Burnett deal), you have to make the move. A low-budget team like ours can't afford to have an $8 million 3B killing us at the plate.