Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

I'm going to go ahead and be blasphemous here, but I liked it better than the original. I thought Depp was even better than Wilder was, and I would have thought that impossible just a day ago.

WOW, I was thinking the same thing you were yesterday but I'll give it a shot seeing that you had the same opinion on the subject as I did.

I still doubt anyone can top Gene Wilder(even if Depp is better at this role, I still take Gene as my favorite comedic actor) but I'll give Depp a try.

Guest Juanky

I heard it was amazingly well done. Was it?

And did it include the darker parts of the story, rather than the happy-go-lucky tale with Wilder?

Well, yes and no. It didn't cover some of the bits with his dad, but for the most part the original story remained. Only some details are really changed outside of the added bonus of the backline with Willy and his father.

Saw it today....I dunno...I was never a big fan of the first one...cause i thought Charlie Bucket was the MOST ANNOYING kid on earth...but I knew that little dude from Finding Neverland was Charlie...so I was pretty pumped about seeing it. I thought all the little kids were really good. I hated that the Oopma Loompas didnt sing the Oopma Loopma song!!! I really really hated how different they were. I liked Johnny Depp...I thought he was good...but I didnt like how fake some of it looked. There were some parts that just looked so fake...and I hate it when they do that in movies. But since I didnt really like the first one....You probably shouldnt take my opinion to seriously. :confused

he kept reminding me of Michael Jackson pedophile, he wasnt funny or witty like Wilder.

860994[/snapback]

The same thing, the whole Michael Jackson-ish persona, I agree with. He was a little too creepy and weird. At least Wilder's Wonka was a likable character behind the weirdness. The Depp character wasn't likable at all, why would the Bucket family even let Charlie get near the weirdo again? And they left out my two favorite scenes--the bubble room with the fan and the lickable wall room. But overall, the movie was very well made and artistic, and I still enjoyed it.

I hated that the Oopma Loompas didnt sing the Oopma Loopma song!!! I really really hated how different they were.

861122[/snapback]

Don't like classic remakes?

861686[/snapback]

I haven't seen it (and I don't think I will either), but I have heard that it wasn't their intent to remake the old film, but rather just releasing a new movie based on the book. That would explain the lack of the Oompa Loompa song. But I do know that a few other people thought they should have included it.

It looks wierd as Hell!!!

863355[/snapback]

That's Tim Burton for ya. His style is quite different and a bit out there.

We saw the movie finally. I really liked it. Like always, Johnny impressed me with his acting. I swear, that man can play any role he is faced with. I was laughing like a fool when Willy would run into the glass elevator. Hahaha! But yea, it was neat. Definitely a must see.