carlos delgado should go after this season.

fkav1

For all Carlos is at the bat which is great, he is ABSOLUTELY NOT THERE defensively.

We survive on being a great defense. We cannot afford to have a guy at firsat base that bad defensively. It is crucifying us.

Alex made a mistake tonight that was costly but the mistake Carlos made was soul destroying!! We got back to one run behind just to have out chain yanked again.

I remember at least two other balls passing hime tonight that should have been stopped, and where was the stretch for the potential double play that also allowed in another run?

He is not a Marlins type player. We need to undertsand that and let him go. American league is perfect for him. We'll get plenty in return.

Congratulations. You win. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

FKAV1 , I hereby present to you thru the power given to me by the Senators and the men pulling the strings the award for worst post of the year.

Again, congratulations, I know you worked very hard to sign up and post such stupidity.

So you're saying that his defense is not costing us games????

859248[/snapback]

Alex Gonzalez' defense was as much to blame (Utley's 3 run bomb followed), and Alex has directly cost us two games (Anaheim and Washington) because he tried to be spectacular in an average defensive situation. Run him out of town too? Delgado was not signed to be a gold-glover, he was signed to be the big left-handed bopper the lineup lacked.

For all Carlos is at the bat which is great, he is ABSOLUTELY NOT THERE defensively.

We survive on being a great defense. We cannot afford to have a guy at firsat base that bad defensively. It is crucifying us.

Alex made a mistake tonight that was costly but the mistake Carlos made was soul destroying!! We got back to one run behind just to have out chain yanked again.

I remember at least two other balls passing hime tonight that should have been stopped, and where was the stretch for the potential double play that also allowed in another run?

He is not a Marlins type player. We need to undertsand that and let him go. American league is perfect for him. We'll get plenty in return.

859234[/snapback]

They knew exactly what they were getting in Delgado. He doesn't have a good glove. Only way they were getting the double-play was if Castillo doesn't bounce it anyway. Rest of the defense is pretty much aware that Carlos can't scoop.

Tell me what you guys are smoking if you say his stellar defense is working wonders for us. go on!

I think Delgado offensively is fantastic and by god we've needed him this year but it cannot cancel out the bad defense he has given us.

I might not have posted here much but I am a season ticket holder and I've seen him enough to know he is not our type of player.

We need balanceed players who have a great defense and hopefully some great offense but we can't survive with a Barry bonds type player. We just can't and forgive me for a provocative post as I am usually come here to see opinions and don't post.

Tell me what you guys are smoking if you say his stellar defense is working wonders for us. go on!

I think Delgado offensively is fantastic and by god we've needed him this year but it cannot cancel out the bad defense he has given us.

I might not have posted here much but I am a season ticket holder and I've seen him enough to know he is not our type of player.

We need balanceed players who have a great defense and hopefully some great offense but we can't survive with a Barry bonds type player. We just can't and forgive me for a provocative post as I am usually come here to see opinions and don't post.

859262[/snapback]

Carlos defense hasn't cancelled his bat, Lowell has

859262[/snapback]

ha...

hahahaha.

hahahahahahahahahha

okay dude...if its carlos' defense thats costing us games, then we've got serious serious issues. if our defense period is costing us games, then we've got serious, serious issues. to say that he's not in our game is utterly ridiculous.

first off, lets say, our defense is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, ZERO ERRORS and the pitching pitches with an era of 2 and we lose games, then trust me, carlos is not the problem, if we lose games with an era of 3.5 like we are now, then trust me, carlos is not the problem...no matter how many errors he makes, his bat will always, ALWAYS keep us in far more games than his glove will keep us out.

859248[/snapback]

Fkav...If Carlos Delgado's glove is why our team is stuck in the mud, trade him. It's sorta like saying in previous seasons we lose games because of Alex Gonzalez bat. Carlos is here to hit. Alex is here to field. Nate Bump is here to frustrate me. Easley, Aguila are here to....well, I don't know why they are here...Jack rarely plays them.

859248[/snapback]

Fkav...If Carlos Delgado's glove is why our team is stuck in the mud, trade him. It's sorta like saying in previous seasons we lose games because of Alex Gonzalez bat. Carlos is here to hit. Alex is here to field. Nate Bump is here to frustrate me. Easley, Aguila are here to....well, I don't know why they are here...Jack rarely plays them.

859275[/snapback]

wow, that post deserves in my chocolate factory, that was your golden ticket

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Perhaps no one read where Delgado's glove wrist has been iced down for the last couple of days and his problems the last two nights have been with catching the ball.

He's playing hurt and tonight it caught up to him, and the team.

859281[/snapback]

I'm really curious to know how he did it, since he refuses to answer questions about it.

Perhaps no one read where Delgado's glove wrist has been iced down for the last couple of days and his problems the last two nights have been with catching the ball.

He's playing hurt and tonight it caught up to him, and the team.

859281[/snapback]

I'm really curious to know how he did it, since he refuses to answer questions about it.

859284[/snapback]

so umm, ahem, i heard the mermaids go on the roadtrips sometimes... :whistle