Is he or is he not?

Guest markotsay7

Well how about in the past tense, or how the french would say, passe compose? You dont' have to get so technical about it.

864080[/snapback]

My point was that he was and no longer is, hence the dropoff.

Well how about in the past tense, or how the french would say, passe compose? You dont' have to get so technical about it.

864080[/snapback]

There are different forms of past tense in French. All of them suck equally.

864101[/snapback]

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I dont think he was on steroids but maybe a certain medicine he was using for cancer that was discountinued could have an effect on his strength. I would rather have a struggling mike lowell than find out he was on steroids.

No way Lowell was on the Juice. The guy has no shoulders, kind of looks like a bowling pin. He was never very muscular. Boog talks about seeing him in the locker room all the time in the past, and he says there is no way Mike was amped up on the roid's. I think it is all a serious mental block. I play golf and I suck, because in my back swing all I am thinking about is if I am going to hit a bad shot. I think Mike is at the plate knowing he is going to pop out, and basically talks himself into it.

I was just curious to know what you guys out there think about Lowell and his struggles. Some ppl have said that he used steroids and whatnot. I personally think that he has not used them, but I just want to know what everyone else thinks.

863985[/snapback]

Do I have to deal with this idiotic idea, AGAIN? :banghead :banghead :banghead

I have no idea...I know minor leaguers who tell me that 75% of minor and major league players use them.

It would not surprise me if a lot of Marlins used them.

864419[/snapback]

Yeah, because we have such HR power...!!! And Miggy's head is getting as big as Bonds'. AGon hit like 20 something HRs last year and now has only llike 5? And Lenny Harry's behind is also getting pretty big, maybe the steroids are going the wrong way...

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Do I have to deal with this idiotic idea, AGAIN?? :banghead ? :banghead ? :banghead

864567[/snapback]

No. If it bothers you, there is no need to respond.

864573[/snapback]

I have the right to respond even if it bothers me. You are here to moderate conversations and stop people from saying inadequate things, not to tell me what to say. Thank you.

Until you have proof, don't make accusations. The worst thing about this steroid era is innocent people getting accused. It's freakin ignorant

864384[/snapback]

Ok!!!

Mark McGwire=Not on steroids ever.

Sammy Sosa=Not on steroids ever.

Jim Thome falling apart this year=coincidental.

Barry Bonds=Hey, he didn't do it on purpose!

:plain :plain :plain

The one thing that should prove to any of the people here who live in this fantasy world regarding Mike Lowell on steroids is his poor second half performance the last few years.

For their theory to be correct, and of course they aren't, one would have to believe Mike only did steroids during the first half every season. Silly huh?

I understand there was a UFO sighting in the Everglades last night. Maybe some of these people could spend their time trying to find that UFO instead of trying to destroy a man's reputation.

I have the right to respond even if it bothers me. You are here to moderate conversations and stop people from saying inadequate things, not to tell me what to say. Thank you.

864579[/snapback]

I never said you did not have the right to respond, I said you did not have to respond. I never told you what to say. And I am not here to just "stop people from saying inadequate things."

Thank you.

I believe Mikey is clean, and no I don't have any proof. I also don't hedge my opinion on what Mike would say in the media. No athlete in any sport (well, except Jose) is going to say they're dirty, whether it be Barry Bonds or Lance Armstrong.

I'm more in the line that Mike is just having a very bad year and I'm sure some of the effects of the cancer treatments, etc. in the past have caught up. Yes, some people get gray hair early, but he's graying now at a younger age than I did.

To answer another question on another thread. No, don't trade Lowell, even though he makes me hit my head on the wall whenver it's his turn to bat. He is Mr. Marlin-II, with Miggy probably Mr. Marlin-III.

No, if this performance continues into next year...