When Beckett is activated, who hits the bullpen?

well, if burnett is traded then niether has to go down or go to the bull pen untill valdez gets back

i think valdez is coming soon though so one will prob have to leave eventually unless they put valdez in the pen. I would like to give each of them one more start and see how they fare. If they do well then we should think of leaving them and putting valdez in the pen for long relief

BTW, I have been unable to utter any comprehensible sound ever since the first time I saw your signature... I just remember reading something about Vargas and Olsen...?

:blink:

Could you repeat your post again? just be sure you keep the signature...

:shifty

Send down Santos and put Olsen in the pen. If Vargas does poorly in his next start, put Olsen back in the rotation.

Who knows how Valdez will pitch, so don't count on anything. Vargas or Olsen could very well be better, so don't automatically give it to him.

869196[/snapback]

or we could keep santos olsen and vargas in the pen just send down one of our bench players. cause we don't need 5 more like 3. cause willis can certainly hit and so far so can vargas.

but seriously if we had to send a pitcher down it would be :

give me an r

give me an i

give me an e

give me a d

give me a l

give me an i

give me an n

give me a g

and what's that spell RIEDLING!!!!! santos is a helluva lot better than riedling trust me. i'm probably better than him and i only throw 60 MPH.

FWIW Tresop posted in a similar thread as this here that Olsen and Vargas will be sent back to the minors soon. Which means our pitching staff will look like this when everyone comes off the DL:

SP- Beckett, Burnett/???, Moehler Valdez, Willis

RP- Alfonseca, DeLosSantos, Jones, Mecir, Mota, and probably two of Messenger, Riedling and Smith

I think Olsen and Vargas both should be sent back down, where they can start every 5 days and get some work so they can be effective when they are called back up (this year or next)

no real use in having them in long relief, where they don't get a lot of innings

Guest Jack1

I think Olsen and Vargas both should be sent back down, where they can start every 5 days and get some work so they can be effective when they are called back up (this year or next)

no real use in having them in long relief, where they don't get a lot of innings

869791[/snapback]

Agreed. I think that's what happened to Bump. He was always a starter and a fairly effective one too. I don't believe that all starters should be kept up and put in the bullpen as they need the work every five days to keep up their arm strengths.

Anybody know exactly what's wrong with Bump? I think he may have warmed up too many times without getting in games. Jack is known for that.