Nats lose again

musk

The Nats are fading fast, I really think that a month from now nobody will even be talking about the Nats anymore, but the Fish need to jump all over this and put together a nice winning streak. This upcoming week is huge for the season I see now reason why they cant go on a long winning streak over these next three series.

We're definitely in a really good position to make a move. The Nats will be the wild-card leaders and sliding, while we're currently tied in the loss column with the remaining top teams in the race. It's sitting right there for us even as bad as we've played most of the season, the team just needs to play up to its talent and we've got it.

It would be pretty embarassing if we let the Braves win the NL East AGAIN...

869759[/snapback]

no it wouldnt. the braves are an amazing franchise with possibly ONE OF the greatest manager-pitching coach combinations in the history of baseball. if they win the division they deserve it. they've had more instrumental injuries than us and were pretty much tied with us when we were 5 or 6 games back of the nats. the difference is that they've been winning games that they are supposed to and we arent. and they've done it w/ rookies as everyday players and quite possibly the most important brave (CJ) on the DL. something the marlins have yet had to do (thank god)

This game is played one at a time for the season. Lets take it slowly and see what comes about. I have a "good" feeling. We are a second half team always and should put it together. We have to be close to the record of the 97 and 03 teams right now.

869814[/snapback]

in '97 our record was better than this at this point in time. in '97 we were starting to play like we were supposed to coming out of the asb (not saying this team can't do the same). and buy mid-late august we were pretty much in control of the wild card. and we never saw less than 2nd place in the division. 2003 i dont remember as well (dont ask why). but i believe we started our little winning ways before the asb. i think its safe to say that out of the 3 (including 05) successful teams we've had, this season we have played the most inconsistent and worse leading up to and after the ASB.

It all comes down to beating the teams that we should beat. San Fran? Should beat. Pittsburgh? Should beat. Washington? Should beat. Right there is 9 games and if we can take 6 out of 9 or 7 out of 9, then the Marlins will be in a good position. Its late July with plenty of games left...

It would be pretty embarassing if we let the Braves win the NL East AGAIN...

869759[/snapback]

Why? The Marlins have won the World Series every time they won the wildcard, but the fish have never won it all after winning the division. :mischief

869810[/snapback]

They've never won the division. :plain

It all comes down to beating the teams that we should beat. San Fran? Should beat. Pittsburgh? Should beat. Washington? Should beat. Right there is 9 games and if we can take 6 out of 9 or 7 out of 9, then the Marlins will be in a good position. Its late July with plenty of games left...

869834[/snapback]

Yep, Yep, and Yep. Thats why there has been so much negativity (especially from me) because we haven't been beating the teams or even the pitchers we are supposed to be beating.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.