Why I hate Scott Boras

Teal Shadow

Mark McCormick pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings yesterday in his debut for Single-A Quad Cities.

McCormick, a supplemental first-round pick out of Baylor, allowed one hit in six scoreless innings for short-season Single-A New Jersey before being moved up. rotoworld

If this had didn't have Boras as his agent he could have been a Fish :mad by the way the kid hits 100mph on the gun and is projected as a 1# starter :mad :mad

Why are you blaming Boras for us being cheap? Boras is the best agent in baseball.

870275[/snapback]

Having Scott Bora$ as your agent isn't necessarily the best thing. Fact of the matter is a LOT of teams won't even take a look at you if they know that he's your agent, so the number of suitors goes down.

This is NOT an ownership problem, ITS A BORAS PROBLEM

Boras has always steered his client toward the big market teams and his beloved St Louis Cards.

example Rick Ankiel, JD Drew, and now McCormack

He has a hidden agenda to his madness, by the way Scott Boras played for the Cards

Why are you blaming Boras for us being cheap?? Boras is the best agent in baseball.

870275[/snapback]

Having Scott Bora$ as your agent isn't necessarily the best thing. Fact of the matter is a LOT of teams won't even take a look at you if they know that he's your agent, so the number of suitors goes down.

870295[/snapback]

Yet almost all of his clients end up with huge deals that shock baseball "experts." :whistle

Boras has always steered his client toward the big market teams and his beloved St Louis Cards.

He has a hidden agenda to his madness, by the way Scott Boras played for the Cards

870340[/snapback]

That is a load of B.S. He tells teams the price range of a player. If they won't pay it, don't pick him. The Phillies knew how much JD Drew wanted and said it was fine. They then got cheap and thought they could strong arm Drew to take less than what he told them. Drew decided not to sign with Philly and re-enter the draft. The Cards were picking third (if my memory is correct). That's how they were able to draft him. Any team above them could have picked Drew if they were willing to pay his price. Those teams weren't willing to and the Cards were.

Boras cares about getting the highest possible deal. Boras doesn't care who is signing the checks. If he was that concerned with the Cards, he'd get his clients to sign with St. Louis for less money.

870340[/snapback]

That is a load of B.S. He tells teams the price range of a player. If they won't pay it, don't pick him. The Phillies knew how much JD Drew wanted and said it was fine. They then got cheap and thought they could strong arm Drew to take less than what he told them. Drew decided not to sign with Philly and re-enter the draft. The Cards were picking third (if my memory is correct). That's how they were able to draft him. Any team above them could have picked Drew if they were willing to pay his price. Those teams weren't willing to and the Cards were.

Boras cares about getting the highest possible deal. Boras doesn't care who is signing the checks. If he was that concerned with the Cards, he'd get his clients to sign with St. Louis for less money.

871645[/snapback]

you are correct. Money talks.

870340[/snapback]

871645[/snapback]

871667[/snapback]

Your half right, was Florida money no good? when Florida offered Craig Hansen 2.5 million to sign with them before the draft? no Boras steers his client where he wants them to go. Ankiel sign for less than was thought he was going to sign. Why did people believe that? b/c Boras was given off mix signal.

As I said you could believe what you want but before the draft that was talk about McCormack. The track record proves it...teams like Padres and Rockies drafted a Boras player in Matt Harrington . They offered him 3 million to sign but the kid listen to Boras and after 3yr of getting draft and not signing. He went un-drafted this go around.

870340[/snapback]

871645[/snapback]

871667[/snapback]

Your half right, was Florida money no good? when Florida offered Craig Hansen 2.5 million to sign with them before the draft? no Boras steers his client where he wants them to go. Ankiel sign for less than was thought he was going to sign. Why did people believe that? b/c Boras was given off mix signal.

As I said you could believe what you want but before the draft that was talk about McCormack. The track record proves it...teams like Padres and Rockies drafted a Boras player in Matt Harrington . They offered him 3 million to sign but the kid listen to Boras and after 3yr of getting draft and not signing. He went un-drafted this go around.

871867[/snapback]

Teal,

it is easy to come to any conclusion by speculating w/o knowing what's going on behind the scenes and all the details. You can believe what you want to believe, but Boras wants the $$$$ and he gets that for his clients.

Why not hate Beinfest for not gambling with pick #22 on Hansen, or using his supplemental on the McCormack kid. Even if it took them until September 1 to sign with us, I'd be a-OK with it.

I have no problem with the way BorA$$ negotiates with his draftees who are really "special" players...I have a problem with teams who deem them unsignable. It isn't Boras who is the problem, it's the idiot owners who keep giving in to him. Get rid of Tom Hicks and Mike Illitch and maybe MLB will be free of the evil avenging agent, but until then...

870340[/snapback]

871645[/snapback]

871667[/snapback]

871867[/snapback]

You do realize some of his clients have no desire to play in certain places, right? His track record proves he wants the best deal possible. If I was the top player in a draft, I'd tell Boras to tell the Yankees not to draft me because I hate them. Money isn't the issues with a team I hate. Perhaps some of his clients have no desire to play for the Marlins.

Harrington is on record saying he felt the Rockies lied to him. He didn't sign with them for other reasons than money.

Your statement on Boras and the Cards is a joke. They traded Drew because they knew they couldn't afford him and Pujols long term. If Boras was that set on steering clients to the Cards, he would have convinced Drew it was in his best interest to sign there. Hell, Drew was a Braves fan growing up but went to the Dodgers for a better deal. That shows some of Boras' clients don't play favorites when it comes to teams.

Personally, I would of been honored to play in the majors for any team. Even the pirates or Tampa Bay. LOL. But, Borass is a jerk plain and simple when it comes to certain teams. Yes, he steers players to certain markets. But, he is doing it for the cash for the player and most importantly for Himself. He has ruined a few that way but he often cashes in also. Besides, we dont need his people, we always do well in drafts anyways.

If he isnt needed here then lets just skip his guys and move on. They might turn into busts anyways.

Why not hate Beinfest for not gambling with pick #22 on Hansen, or using his supplemental on the McCormack kid. Even if it took them until September 1 to sign with us, I'd be a-OK with it.

I have no problem with the way BorA$$ negotiates with his draftees who are really "special" players...I have a problem with teams who deem them unsignable. It isn't Boras who is the problem, it's the idiot owners who keep giving in to him. Get rid of Tom Hicks and Mike Illitch and maybe MLB will be free of the evil avenging agent, but until then...

871954[/snapback]

I agree with all of your post (very good one btw) except for your last line. Mike Illitch wanted Pudge Rodriguez and Magglio Ordonez, and gave them contracts that I think they will fufill.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.