Stupid.

Das Texan

That is the Florida Marlins.

Why?

Starting Dontrelle Willis in San Francisco should be one reason.

Screwing around with these stupid trade talks is another. Look either make the damn trade or dont make it. A month's worth of rumors is stupid. All it does is screw up your team.

Believing that one of the 17 million crappy relievers we have will actually not suck for us. The sooner we get back AA and stop screwing around with things the better.

For even having a bench. I love the job Jack has done...but he doesnt use the bench, this is something echoed many times, but they are just not used. I know Jack doesnt like to use younger players....if thats the case then we should have signed some veterans to fill out the roster, because as it is...we are basically playing with a 23 man roster or so. You will not win that way...I know I know...there is 2003...but that season all the stars aligned properly. That isnt happening again.

I am going to say this about AJ. He has all the talent in the world. He has zero testicles. He needs to grow up. If he does that here in Florida then great. If he doesnt, then so be it. Someone needs to go to AJ and tell him flat out to grow up and pitch to his talent and stop dicking around.

In sum, we are stupid. We have made stupid decisions. We have made stupid mistakes. We are just playing stupid baseball.

Actually starting Dontrelle Willis in San Francisco when he had done absolutely nothing there proved that.

While I think Dontrelle's poor start in San Francisco was destined to happen, Jack would have received a lot of criticism by bumping the team's best starter.

871745[/snapback]

No what they should have done was find a way to work the rotation out to where he starts in the desert. The All Star break was 2 weeks ago, surely if you are forward thinking you will know that series is coming up and you work it to where Dontrelle doesnt start there.

That is the Florida Marlins.

Why?

Starting Dontrelle Willis in San Francisco should be one reason.

Screwing around with these stupid trade talks is another. Look either make the damn trade or dont make it. A month's worth of rumors is stupid. All it does is screw up your team.

Believing that one of the 17 million crappy relievers we have will actually not suck for us. The sooner we get back AA and stop screwing around with things the better.

For even having a bench. I love the job Jack has done...but he doesnt use the bench, this is something echoed many times, but they are just not used. I know Jack doesnt like to use younger players....if thats the case then we should have signed some veterans to fill out the roster, because as it is...we are basically playing with a 23 man roster or so. You will not win that way...I know I know...there is 2003...but that season all the stars aligned properly. That isnt happening again.

I am going to say this about AJ. He has all the talent in the world. He has zero testicles. He needs to grow up. If he does that here in Florida then great. If he doesnt, then so be it. Someone needs to go to AJ and tell him flat out to grow up and pitch to his talent and stop dicking around.

In sum, we are stupid. We have made stupid decisions. We have made stupid mistakes. We are just playing stupid baseball.

Actually starting Dontrelle Willis in San Francisco when he had done absolutely nothing there proved that.

871743[/snapback]

Good post das, though I can't agree with you about D-Train in SF. He's having a career year and he is a lot more mature pitcher this year than in the past, you had to let him take the mound especially with no Bonds and a totally different Giants club.

Great posting, Das. :thumbup

I'll add one more "stupid"

Looking for the packages with young pitching prospects...as if we don't have 1,038,023,939 of those already...

871968[/snapback]

Two things you'll never,ever hear any MLB G.M. say -

1. " Gosh, he sure is cute "

2. " we simply have to many pitching prospects"

Great posting, Das.? :thumbup

I'll add one more "stupid"

Looking for the packages with young pitching prospects...as if we don't have 1,038,023,939 of those already...

871968[/snapback]

Two things you'll never,ever hear any MLB G.M. say -

1. " Gosh, he sure is cute "

2. " we simply have to many pitching prospects"

871990[/snapback]

Yeah, but you'll also hear a G.M. say "darn, I wish I pulled the trigger on that deal for that Jones kid while he was still in AA ball..." ;) .

This is simply the stupidest threat I have seen here among many of the stupid threads there are on this board.

1. Adjusting the rotation so that one pitcher avoids starting in a certain city? I'm sorry, but Dontrelle Willis is a "big boy" that doesn't need to be coddled in order to improve his stats are psyche. You pitch on the day that you're handed the ball and that is that. If you use that logic to run a baseball team, I can already see the clamoring of starting pitchers begging to have their spot in the rotation adjusted so that they don't have to pitch at Coors Field or at Citizens Bank Park!

2. It wouldn't be baseball without trade rumors! Give me a break, like the Marlins are the only team that is affected by trade rumors. There have been trade rumors affecting every team in baseball for as long as I have been following baseball, which is before most of you here were just a thought inside your daddy's left testicle! Plus, its not as if the team was the one that was initiating the trade rumors. If you're going to place your misplaced "bitching" at anyone, look in the collective mirror of this board and every other media outlet in America, because that's where rumors originate and circulate.

I'm sorry, but that is baseball. That is the beauty of baseball. If you can't hack it, then I don't know what to say!

This is simply the stupidest threat I have seen here among many of the stupid threads there are on this board.

1. Adjusting the rotation so that one pitcher avoids starting in a certain city? I'm sorry, but Dontrelle Willis is a "big boy" that doesn't need to be coddled in order to improve his stats are psyche. You pitch on the day that you're handed the ball and that is that. If you use that logic to run a baseball team, I can already see the clamoring of starting pitchers begging to have their spot in the rotation adjusted so that they don't have to pitch at Coors Field or at Citizens Bank Park!

2. It wouldn't be baseball without trade rumors! Give me a break, like the Marlins are the only team that is affected by trade rumors. There have been trade rumors affecting every team in baseball for as long as I have been following baseball, which is before most of you here were just a thought inside your daddy's left testicle! Plus, its not as if the team was the one that was initiating the trade rumors. If you're going to place your misplaced "bitching" at anyone, look in the collective mirror of this board and every other media outlet in America, because that's where rumors originate and circulate.

I'm sorry, but that is baseball. That is the beauty of baseball. If you can't hack it, then I don't know what to say!

872872[/snapback]

nice.post :thumbup

Das sorry but why wouldnt you start Dontrelle ... he is surely the best pitcher up to now (even if his record in SF was crap and that he had done poorly in his past few starts) its the pitchers job to do a good job, if the pitcher cant come through for whatever reason its not fair to go out and blame the organization for putting their best pitcher to pitch in a place in which his record has been bad (after 3 starts nonetheless) oh and btw I really dont think that a park factors in all that much ... especially when you are pitching really close to your house

I do agree that all these rumor talk is getting beyond stupid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.