Ron Villone again?

Ramp

Bah. I knew it was coming too. Why the hell didn't Jack bring in Alfonseca to pitch against the righty as soon as Larussa made the switch, instead of a lefty who has been in South Florida 3 days and pitched every single day. Good one Jack ! :banghead

887961[/snapback]

A pitcher has to face at least one batter once he comes into the game...once Villone came in, Jack had to leave him in after LaRussa put in Taguchi.

Jack talking so much crap about how Villone was a "bulldog" and he could pitch him whenever he wanted. I guess he was trying to show us that he was right...

Good f*cking move Jack.

887972[/snapback]

Do you really need to make 3 posts in one thread that say the same thing?

Jack talking so much crap about how Villone was a "bulldog" and he could pitch him whenever he wanted. I guess he was trying to show us that he was right...

Good f*cking move Jack.

887972[/snapback]

888047[/snapback]

Did jack have to put in Villone 3 nights in a row to pitch?

Guys,

When I posted the Jack must go thread so many said I am crazy...he won a World Series. YOU wanted him. This is a man that refused to use his bench even when Pierre and Lowell were slumping. He has always done stuff like this with the pen. Jim Mecir or Alfonseca should have worked the 7th tonight. That's not second guessing, that's using your bullpen. We don't use Alfonseca because John Mabry was going to PH? Come on.

As I have said, maybe this team wins it on pure talent. Jack McKeon adds nothing. On nights like tonight his very odd decisions only get in the way.

Guys,

When I posted the Jack must go thread so many said I am crazy...he won a World Series. YOU wanted him. This is a man that refused to use his bench even when Pierre and Lowell were slumping. He has always done stuff like this with the pen. Jim Mecir or Alfonseca should have worked the 7th tonight. That's not second guessing, that's using your bullpen. We don't use Alfonseca because John Mabry was going to PH? Come on.

As I have said, maybe this team wins it on pure talent. Jack McKeon adds nothing. On nights like tonight his very odd decisions only get in the way.

888109[/snapback]

We get your point by now. We didn't want him, Loria wants him!

Valerio pitched more than one inning yesterday, Vargas is starting on Friday, Villone was the only available lefty... McKeon didn't give up the HR, cut him some slack

888098[/snapback]

Where in the rules does it say that you HAVE to pitch a lefty against a lefty?

Besides it was Jon Mabry for crissakes, not like it was Barry Bonds.

You don't put in the same reliever THREE goddamn nights in a row!

Guys,

888109[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

Good f*cking move Jack.

887972[/snapback]

888047[/snapback]

Did jack have to put in Villone 3 nights in a row to pitch?

888060[/snapback]

Wow, you got me :rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.