Aguila-in Waiting

Flag Man

Chris Aguila is a fine 4th OF. Now, he's being allowed to finish the 9th in LF.

When he is allowed to hit, he shows a capacity for that fine art.

Once again, Jack... I don't even want to finish that.

Now is the time to give Cabs, JP and Enc a day off.

Now is the time to give Aguila consecutive starts.

Still a long run 'til October.

Use Chris for Chris-Sakes.

Don't wait for September call-ups when we are in the heat of the battle.

Chris Aguila is a fine 4th OF. Now, he's being allowed to finish the 9th in LF.

When he is allowed to hit, he shows a capacity for that fine art.

Once again, Jack... I don't even want to finish that.

Now is the time to give Cabs, JP and Enc a day off.

Now is the time to give Aguila consecutive starts.

Still a long run 'til October.

Use Chris for Chris-Sakes.

Don't wait for September call-ups when we are in the heat of the battle.

888534[/snapback]

Chris Aguila...please.

Your posts are always good for a laugh!

:lol

I dont know what your lauging about when he is asking for Aguila to get more playing time...the kid is far from a liability in the OF and he can swing the bat. That ball he hit last night, if it had been any other CF Aguila would of had a triple, because he CREAMED that ball. One of our hardest hits all night, and I was on my feet before he hit it, while it was in the air i was screaming. I say give the kid a chance as well.

One of my hopes for 2006, and most of you will probably not agree, is that Hermida will be starting in right and Aguila in left. I have enormous confidence in Aguila and believe he has the skills to be an everyday major leaguer and has the potential to be a great asset to this team for years to come.

Of course several important factors have to play out before that happens, most importantly the Miggy/Lowell thing plays itself out (unless Miggy can lose 15 lbs and move to short, btw he'd then be the same size and weight as Jeter and saving the Fish many, many millions).

Guest Juanky

I'm more worried about getting Treanor in some games, Lo Duca hasn't had a full day off in a while. We need to keep Lo Duca off his knees for the entire game sometime, letting him PH is fine but don't bring him in to catch.

One of my hopes for 2006, and most of you will probably not agree, is that Hermida will be starting in right and Aguila in left. I have enormous confidence in Aguila and believe he has the skills to be an everyday major leaguer and has the potential to be a great asset to this team for years to come.

Of course several important factors have to play out before that happens, most importantly the Miggy/Lowell thing plays itself out (unless Miggy can lose 15 lbs and move to short, btw he'd then be the same size and weight as Jeter and saving the Fish many, many millions).

888747[/snapback]

I like the sound of that. :thumbup

888747[/snapback]

Aguila in CF flanked by Willingham and Hermida would be the best, IMO, so long as there's a serviceable veteran to back up Aguila and Willy, especially if the money saved by moving Lowell and Pierre is enough to re-up with Gonzalez or a similar veteran shortstop and sign a good #3, Jeff Weaver type pitcher.

I doubt that happens, though.

Just on a side note the whole stadium went quiet when Aguila tatooed that ball last night. They didn't think Edmonds would get to it, and I didn't either. LOL I was chanting his name in BP, and all the Cardinal fans where looking right at him and still had no clue who I was talking about. I have been on the Aguila bandwagon for a long long time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.